News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Replacing the "Simple Machines Forum" logo

Started by mrtvi1, March 04, 2015, 02:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtvi1

Hi :) On forum I have something simple machines forum (SS) http://imgur.com/tEMFShF [nofollow] How to change it to name what I want? I hope it is possible  :laugh:

Kindred

Please explain IN WORDS rather than just linking to a picture....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shambles

.. and for goodness sake use a proper description of your request/query in your thread title  :o

Mortissimov

I think he wants to change a logo picture. So, you need to go your FTP's theme's folder/images, and here you can find the SM logo picture what you need to change.

Bigguy

Right click on the image and go to properties. That will tell you exactly were it is (the path of the image). Either change it manually that way or you may be able to change it in the admin panel.

Steve

He's made several threads like this and he's never going to learn how to ask for what he wants in a way people understand if people guess and get it right. Just my humble opinion. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

mrtvi1

Ok. Guys do you see Simple Machines Forum in ss? I dont want it. I want that I choose what will be up there. I want to delete Simple Machines Forum and have something else etc. CPG or some picture

Bruce the Shark

Steve
He cant ask this question correctly because he is form a non English speaking back ground.

shadow82x

What theme are you using? As Bigguy mentioned, it should be as easy as replacing that logo image with your own.

Quote from: Bigguy on March 04, 2015, 07:12:22 PM
Right click on the image and go to properties. That will tell you exactly were it is (the path of the image). Either change it manually that way or you may be able to change it in the admin panel.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Kindred

Bruce - hundreds of other folks who don't have English as a primary language manage to ask coherent questions.

We extend some level of understanding when non-english speakers post questions --  but when those same posters CONTINUE to ignore the requests regarding how to improve their question-posts, they lose that leeway.

mrtvi1
Use descriptive titles. "SMF" is worse than useless
Use words... not screenshots. Screenshots can be used to illustrate, but words should be used to describe.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Drunken Clam

...and also, there may be a Support Board in his native language, whatever that may be!

Bruce the Shark

Kindred i understood what he was on about. He has put it in words as best as he could. I didn't have any issues.
I also found the picture he linked was helpful, well to me it was and i would say a few others as well.
Bigguy and Navmartin answered it correctly.
They both clearly understood it, to point him in the right direction.

NanoSector

Renamed the title; hopefully it's more clear now. From what I understood the OP wants to replace the Simple Machines Forum image on his forum with a different one.

If the user is on the default theme (or a derivative), it's straightforward.
1. Log in with your host's control panel, and open the file manager / Use FTP to log in to access  your files.
2. Navigate to {forum directory}/Themes/default/images, and find "smflogo.png".
3. Rename that image to "smflogo_old.png".
4. Upload a new image (with .png extension!) and make sure it is named "smflogo.png".
5. Open your forum again, and check if the image is in place. If you see no image, make sure it is named correctly. If you see the old image, press F5, and if that doesn't work press CTRL+F5. This makes your browser cache your page again, including the new image.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

mrtvi1

Quote from: NanoSector on March 05, 2015, 02:08:03 PM
Renamed the title; hopefully it's more clear now. From what I understood the OP wants to replace the Simple Machines Forum image on his forum with a different one.

If the user is on the default theme (or a derivative), it's straightforward.
1. Log in with your host's control panel, and open the file manager / Use FTP to log in to access  your files.
2. Navigate to {forum directory}/Themes/default/images, and find "smflogo.png".
3. Rename that image to "smflogo_old.png".
4. Upload a new image (with .png extension!) and make sure it is named "smflogo.png".
5. Open your forum again, and check if the image is in place. If you see no image, make sure it is named correctly. If you see the old image, press F5, and if that doesn't work press CTRL+F5. This makes your browser cache your page again, including the new image.
NanoSector Thank you.

Advertisement: