News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Repair_setting.PHP trouble shooting.

Started by SaltedWeb, March 05, 2015, 02:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

I am moving my backup database to a new domain name.
The back up went well and I can see it in PHP admin no errors.

However the settings in Repair_settings did not work. I had to rename the database to the one that was imported
yet still would not complete the repair.
QuoteSome settings are not being shown because the database connection information is incorrect.
Check your database login details, table prefix and that the database actually contains your SMF tables.

Not sure what its asking me to check on user and pass are correct so unsure where I might have gone wrong.
I checked the Wiki page doesnt give much in the way of knowing what to look for when things don't go as planned :)

I am sure I just have some setting wrong never had to use repair before that I recall so noob on this.

Thanks.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

shadow82x

I'd suggest opening up your hosting panel to ensure you have the database username is associated with your renamed database. Also verify your server url, prefix for your table names, username password, port, etc. is correct. Make sure everything in your Settings.php matches what you see in your hosting panel.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

SaltedWeb

Hi there,
Its using the correct database and all seems correct.
I notice under settings.php

it says :
$ssi_db_user = '';
$ssi_db_passwd = '';
I also noticed those were blank during repair. Is this what you are referring.

What I did was take my old data base and uploaded it to a fresh install on this new domain they are the same versions 2.0.9
the PHPAdmin shows the database as well .
The site was accessible until the repair now gives the error as noticed.
The settings.php is where it should be but still have the same issue.

I know its something that is not set right, but it not working as how I am doing it.

Anyone have an ideas ??

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SaltedWeb

Tried renaming database, user and password table prefix and verified they were updated.
Setting.php has the new name and updated to correct. Paths are correct.

I still get the same error :
QuoteSome settings are not being shown because the database connection information is incorrect.
Check your database login details, table prefix and that the database actually contains your SMF tables.

Illori

are you sure the server for the database is correct? maybe that changed when you moved to the other domain.

SaltedWeb

Hi, It was correct. But then tried and renamed everything and even updated passwords still no luck.
I was able to install SMF no issues so path and database information should be correct.

Just keep getting the same error. Kinda irritating as I have copy pasted exactly the settings to be sure.
Its just repeats back the same error.  The wiki pages give only brief coverage so not helpful trouble shoot.

I'm stumped.

Illori

have you asked your host to confirm that the info you are using is correct?

SaltedWeb

Hi there, I have several accounts on the server. I used the same as I previously have with no issues.
I am just going to dump the program and start over for some reason its not working correctly.
Never used repair, and as mention the directions for use do not cover what to look for so if something is missing not sure
where it would be. 

Illori

if you are getting an error that means you have a typo, in your case either the server, db name, db password etc is wrong. maybe an extra character or space etc is present that should not be there. the wiki only tells you how to use the script, usually that is enough. if the wiki does not cover something that is what the forum is there for.

really at this point there is not much we can do to help you correct these errors as we dont have access to your server to verify they are correct.

SaltedWeb

Its odd because everything was copy pasted, not sure how a typo would get in there.

Yep I understand they cant put everything in WIKI, my only thought on that is I am not a noob to SMF, but having never used Repair, I found the explanation of what the settings are doing would help. As every server is different so knowing the purpose of what they are looking for might help.  After saying that it a straight forward process in doing this so stumped why it is being a pain.
I will mark this solved for now, and just start over from scratch see if I can figure our what is causing the issues.

Thanks for the help. I will check and double and triple check.
see what I can find.

SaltedWeb

Update . Unresolved.  New fresh install SMF, reloaded database, everything word for word setup as it should all directories verified from the original install. I am following what little directions Wiki gives but alas no luck with it. Gives exact error.
Checked with host no issues and settings are correct.
:-\ 

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you manually type the db credentials into Settings.php?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

SaltedWeb

Hi there,. Yep.
I did copy and paste them on three tries even printed specs to view even though I knew I was copy pasting.
Three separate clean installs and tries failed with errors.
Finally gave up and just redid the site for the new domain. I still have about 4 hours of work to get it to look like the one I was moving but its coming along. 

QuoteI am not sure its connected but later after install I found my server had a mod_security rule issue.

[Thu Mar 5 17:28:30 2015] [error] [client 6*.***.1**.**] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 403, [Rule: 'ARGS|!ARGS:/body/|!ARGS:/content/|!ARGS:desc|!ARGS:/description/|!ARGS:/message/|!ARGS:Post|!ARGS:text|!ARGS:info' '(?i)([\s\"'`;\/0-9\=]+on\w+\s*=)'] [id "212010"] [msg "COMODO WAF: XSS Filter - Category 2: Event Handler Vector"]

It didnt affect the regular clean install and allowed addons but it would give a 403 error on simple portal install. Of course I had already worked on the site a few hours so unsure if that was the cause or not of the repair could have been?  I am adding a new site in a week or so will try for fun to copy and see if I can remake it. But for now unsure of the exact cause and whether it exists.

Thanks for the help :)

Advertisement: