News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

blocking users

Started by ChILd_ReBoRn, March 05, 2015, 06:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChILd_ReBoRn

One more question. I have an user which is, sadly, an admin like me, and we just can't seem to get a long. Is there a way to filter out his messages? I can't block him, or he'll be blocked from the entire forum, can I just block him so I don't see his posts, PM's and stuff? something like a reject list.

I don't care what he thinks, or writes. Other maybe do, so I don't want to  deny everybody his "wisdom". Just me....

margarett

I never used it myself (so I'm not very sure of the behavior) but you can add users to your "Ignore" list: Profile --> Buddies/Ignore List --> Edit Ignore List
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

Quote from: margarett on March 05, 2015, 06:43:23 AM
I never used it myself (so I'm not very sure of the behavior) but you can add users to your "Ignore" list: Profile --> Buddies/Ignore List --> Edit Ignore List

i think for pm's that does not work as he is an admin, but i am not 100% sure.

ChILd_ReBoRn

will get back to you on that. thank you

margarett

I found a MOD for 1.1.x that allows this. For 2.0 it isn't necessary so it should work. The only question is whether or not it works for admins...
QuoteIn 2.0, by default, any users listed in your ignore list for private messages will by default have their posts hidden as well - you can see them by clicking on the 'Show me the post link'.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ChILd_ReBoRn

I've blocked him. We'll see if any posts get through

ChILd_ReBoRn

Don't see any old posts from him. Yaaay

Advertisement: