News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Show calendar on front page

Started by nomorepolitics, March 06, 2015, 01:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nomorepolitics

Greetings,

I'd like to have the calendar shown on a right sidebar - can't find how to. 

Is this a setting in SMF itself, a mod or a theme solution? 

Using 2.0.9

Thanks for any assistance

All the best
Ron
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." - Buddha

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

That's the only way I could find to do it too. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

nomorepolitics

Thanks - I did install simple portal mod but for some reason can't find it in admin as discussed in documentation - very strange.  Well, I'll continue to find a solution. 

Appreciate the feedback
Ron
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." - Buddha

Steve

nomorepolitics

I did go there yesterday and registered for the forum but it appears they manually approve registrations - have only gotten an email that says to expect another email - and haven't gotten one yet. 

Think I'll take Tiny Portal for a drive - maybe that will work for me. 

Thanks Steve

All the best
Ron

Steve

No problem. Let us know how it comes out. :)

nomorepolitics

Well, TinyPortal had error messages while installing - tried in emulation mode and still got errors so I just dropped it as it wasn't worth the bother.  Moved on to ezPortal which installed quickly and easily, and will serve my needs just fine - gonna get some more modules and then begin to prepare it for use. 

Thanks again
Ron

scotchmonster

I have it running with a simple portal block.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to add an existing post which is an event to the calendar?

So far I can only add an event to the calendar and make it a new post. However as some posts are already existing I'd like to add them to the calender.

Advertisement: