News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Large Forums List

Started by Cheat, March 09, 2015, 11:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheat

I just have a quick inquiry about the Large Forums list and how one goes about getting on it. My forum will be closing in on 600,000 total posts in a few weeks, but it doesn't appear as though the process is automated.

Are there any extra requirements to be listed on the large SMF list?
Sep7agon.net [nofollow] | Off-topic and Gaming Site

LiroyvH

Nah it's just manually added. Be patient and it will likely be now.
That much posts by just 750 members is an awful lot by the way.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Douglas

That list needs to be updated... I see it's missing two other million+ post forums (One I own, the other is a sister site to hogville). Stats should be updated, too. ;)
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Dream of Omnimaga

Darn, that makes me wish one of my former forums didn't go down the drain. It's almost close to 400,000 now but it dropped to about 500 posts a month (compared to 10000 before I stepped down in 2011). But I guess that's inevitable when admins try to get rid of every member that voice their opinion about the administration (and ultimately lead to a split into a new site).

If everything went as originally planned by the community, it could have easily reached 500K by now.

Illori

Quote from: Douglas on April 21, 2015, 11:44:04 PM
That list needs to be updated... I see it's missing two other million+ post forums (One I own, the other is a sister site to hogville). Stats should be updated, too. ;)

its a wiki anyone can edit it, well anyone with 10+ posts.

Advertisement: