Signature Guidelines/Rules

Started by Steve, March 11, 2015, 10:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Are there any posted other than what's pinned in this section?
DO NOT pm me for support!

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

LiroyvH

If we don't like 'em, we remove 'em. It's that simple®.
Firstly said, the signature is of course subject to the regular rules; eg: must be family friendly, no cursing, no hate speeches, etc.
Usually if you put large images, or really annoying ones, you can expect them to be removed.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

ARG01

QuoteUsually if you put large images, or really annoying ones, you can expect them to be removed.

As far as I am concerned, anything animated is "really annoying".
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Steve

ARG01

Yes!  Sigs like that are so 2004. :o
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Night09

I block anything that moves as theyre really annoying. I just right click and view image info then block the source.

Ive disabled all signatures in my profile so see non ever now just links.

ARG01

Quote from: Night09 on March 11, 2015, 07:26:35 PM
I block anything that moves as theyre really annoying. I just right click and view image info then block the source.

Unfortunately I cant do that. Many of my design customers host images for samples, as well as members on sites that I am support staff. Blocking a specific source may prevent me from viewing certain images that I may be required to see.

For example, the image that Steve linked to is hosted on i.imgur.com. If I block that source, it may interfere with viewing certain customer and/or support samples.

Illori

if you use a custom css for the site, stylish or similar, you can via css3 set the images to display:none.

Night09

Quote from: SimpMode (ARG) on March 12, 2015, 12:58:58 AM
Quote from: Night09 on March 11, 2015, 07:26:35 PM

Unfortunately I cant do that. Many of my design customers host images for samples, as well as members on sites that I am support staff. Blocking a specific source may prevent me from viewing certain images that I may be required to see.

For example, the image that Steve linked to is hosted on i.imgur.com. If I block that source, it may interfere with viewing certain customer and/or support samples.

I dont work on this machine I remote into another to do any dev work with nothing blocked. I dont tend to browse on that one other than necassary to review changes. ;)

ARG01

QuoteI dont work on this machine I remote into another to do any dev work with nothing blocked.

I do everything on one computer now. Unfortunately, the wife and grandson have commandeered my other two laptops.  ???

suhaneankit

Quote from: SimpMode (ARG) on March 11, 2015, 12:39:24 PM
QuoteUsually if you put large images, or really annoying ones, you can expect them to be removed.

As far as I am concerned, anything animated is "really annoying".

Exactly.. Animated things are really annoying to me also.. :-/
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

suhaneankit

Hello Support team,
I have created a signature and i hope it is visible to you also.
I do not want to break the policy so could you please provide some correction in my signature if it is breaking any rules?

live627

suhaneankit

Steve

If it weren't, it would be gone already. ;)

suhaneankit

Advertisement: