suddenly unable to approve new members

Started by b00mer, March 11, 2015, 03:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b00mer

hi all

firstly i`m running SMF 2.0.9

i`m having a few problems with my forum but dont know why

for some strange reason i or any of my mod team are unable to approve new members ?

once we have ticked the desired option for new member approve/reject etc, etc, the page just reverts back to my home page !!!!!!

the same problem occurs when i access the error log aswell, post approval for new members was having problems but no longer.

i`ve only done the routine forum maintenance and nobody else has access to the admin panel ?

any help would be greatly appreciated

margarett

Could you please attach your index.php?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

did you install any mods recently?

does your host have mod_security installed?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

b00mer

sorry guys

hxxp:www.bsaog.co.uk/forum/index.php [nonactive]

and no there has been no mods installed lately but yes my host does have mod-security installed

margarett

It can have something to do with mod_security (although it would be a new one for me)

First thing would be to try to disable it, just to be sure.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

b00mer

that seems to have solved the problem but is it advisable to have mod-security disabled ?

margarett

As you can see, yes :P

mod_security is supposed to be a good thing but it causes many "unexplainable" problems...

A bit more info
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Mod_security_-_Having_problems_with_mod_security

b00mer

but why after all this time is it just now causing problems ?

margarett

Most likely your host changed something in the configurations of mod_security, maybe an update, etc...
Just guessing...

78tahitman

I tried doing this either by the .htaccess file or the patch, and neither of them work. Whenever I click on a members profile, it just returns me to the home page.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
www.89ta.com
www.taspecialties.com
www.ohiofirebirds.com
www.tanationals.com
1978 Trans Am, 1989 Trans Am, 1998 Trans Am

Steve

Tried doing what? Disabling mod_security? Your host needs to do that.
DO NOT pm me for support!

flavio maia

I have the same problem since yesterday.
What should i do?

Flavio

Kindred

As alreayd noted earlier in the thread.. talk to your host and have them disable mod_security.

However, please don't post in a thread which is already marked as solved... most people are going to ignore it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: