News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Need to export data, can't access admin panel

Started by natenkiki2004, March 12, 2015, 02:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natenkiki2004

Hello all, hopefully someone can help me. I've got a SMF 1.1.11 forum that I want to export, upgrade and migrate to another server. I know how to do all of that, the problem is that I have no FTP or CPanel access and the SMF admin panel seems broken, I get the following error;

Quote2: mysql_query() [<a href='function.mysql-query'>function.mysql-query</a>]: Unable to save result set
File: /srv/4016/www/forums/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 321

A lot of things are broken, various errors on various pages. I'm not sure if there was MySQL corruption or what happened. I had to force the default theme via URL but the forum works and all the data is intact, I just need to figure out how to pull it out and move it to another host.

The reason this needs to happen is that the person who owns the forum and hosting has been MIA for a couple years (though the bill somehow gets paid) and the rest of the admins want to preserve the data before it's too late. I have a valid administrator account, I'm not looking to 'hack' the website, just export the data somehow. If anyone has ideas, please let me know.

margarett

You should look into upgrading your forum, while you are at it.

SMF's database backup utility can fail if the database is big enough (amongst other conditions) so you should use an external tool for that. But without any access to SMF, it's going to be a tricky one...

Do you have that error in all admin page, or just in the database backup section?

In any case, I'm not really sure if you can do that (ethically at least) without the owner's consent...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

natenkiki2004

Yes, my plan is to migrate it to another host with a SMF 1.1.11 installation, upgrade it to 2.0, clean things up and get it working again. It's a clan website for a game and while the owner of the hosting plan can't be reached, the other administrators want it preserved/backed up/restored.

I get the error when trying to view the 'index.php?action=admin' page and can't seem to access it.

If I change the theme back to what it is supposed to be (rather than the default SMF theme) I get this error when trying to view the admin page:
8: Undefined index: smfgallery_admin
File: /srv/4016/www/forums/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2781

I'm trying to get FTP access but I don't have much hope for that. Is there anything I'm not thinking of?

margarett

Not really, no :(

If you can get yourself ftp access you can deploy a tool like mysqldumper to get your database, that's what's really important.
Because it's clear that you have issues with your forum codes, judging by all those errors... So you really need to get your database and start with clean files.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

natenkiki2004

I'm getting closer.

If you enter the URL 'index.php?action=dumpdb', it should dump the database. However it needs your session id. I found that by copying the logout link which includes the session id. Then you add the id to the URL like so: 'index.php?action=dumpdb;sesc=cb45243b9f263d6d1a6ca21600549236' and it started downloading the .sql file.

However it got to 32.7MB and finished. At the end of the SQL file was the familiar error;
2: mysql_query() [&lt;a href='function.mysql-query'&gt;function.mysql-query&lt;/a&gt;]: Unable to save result set<br />File: /srv/4016/www/forums/Sources/Subs.php<br />Line: 321

I found there's other ways to output;
'index.php?action=dumpdb&sesc=cb45243b9f263d6d1a6ca21600549236&data=on&compress=gzip&struct=on'

However, that results in the same error.

margarett

No idea... There's something wrong with your SMF code, unfortunately...

Advertisement: