Forum not able to attract traffic

Started by saurabh1938, March 12, 2015, 04:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saurabh1938

Hi All,

I have a live forum, which is on the internet from September'14 and I did a lot of hard work in making and designing the forum but it is still not getting indexed properly on Google and hence no traffic. I have been spending 3-4 hours daily on it to generate content, to design it but no fruit as of now.

Can anybody look into it and advice that what am I doing wrongly?
Visit my forum : www.gotripperz.com

B3aker

Hi. I just checked out your site. It looks really good. I'm experimenting with Simple Portal myself and you gave me a couple ideas for design :)

As for your question, I have the same issue as well. I took over my site about 2 years ago and have been struggling with getting new members to sign up. Do you have any SEO add on's installed? I use Optimus Brave and I track where the spiders are coming from (Yahoo, Google, Bing, etc). It seems to help with making the links and everything more search engine friendly. I also signed up for Google Analytics (which if I remember right gives you some webmaster tools when you sign up for it) and Bing Webmaster tools which gave me text to input within my forums code (I think it was in the index or one of the HTML files) so they could index the forum. I honestly forget the details on how to do some of this since it's been a couple years. Figured I'd throw it out and have someone else elaborate or say I'm an idiot and have no idea what I'm talking about :)

But if you haven't already, I'd sign up for Google Analytics. It will tell you where your traffic is coming from so you could experiment with different marketing techniques. For example, I post on other gaming forums and manage a Facebook. With Analytics, I can track how many people are coming from different mediums and how many are new, how long they stay, etc. Then you can tweak your strategy from there. All else fails, maybe pay for advertising on Google/Bing. Though it may not yield favorable results (could be pricey and may not actually increase readership). I've steered clear of this because for a forum, it probably isn't going to help since there's no product.

I hope this helps you :)
PSX4Central Since 1999, quite possibly the oldest PlayStation Community on the net

saurabh1938

Thanks for the tips, I have signed up for Google analytics and have been using it and for SEO, I am using Optimus Brave. I would try for advertising on Google through up some pennies and let's see how it goes because nothing is working right now.
Visit my forum : www.gotripperz.com

Professor Sea

Visit my forum: http://endo.darkglass.net/

Empire KickAss

Thanks for the helpful words, My site is not getting new members signing even that I get 30 to 50 traffic a day
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

WeLikeTopGames

What I have noticed is that it takes a quite a bit of time to actually get new members to join our forums, so that being said I would recommend joining up to loads of different blogs, forums and don't go advertising straight away get your self known on them type of websites. All these SEO add-ons all I personally think it does is help to gain traffic not get members, the way to do it is what i recommended at first.

Hope that helps

note: google ads might be a good option if you go ahead, with it let me know the out come please.

Empire KickAss

Quote from: WeLikeTopGames on April 06, 2015, 01:10:51 PM
What I have noticed is that it takes a quite a bit of time to actually get new members to join our forums, so that being said I would recommend joining up to loads of different blogs, forums and don't go advertising straight away get your self known on them type of websites. All these SEO add-ons all I personally think it does is help to gain traffic not get members, the way to do it is what i recommended at first.

Hope that helps

note: google ads might be a good option if you go ahead, with it let me know the out come please.
no way, that sounds like an year of work lol.. and some admins are smart, they can tell if you are spamming even if you have different names you can't change your IP address every time. The SEO does help but what it does it says things to me and then I have to do the work ::)

other option that make the forum not public, so all guest see is the login page, so then they might join just to see the options
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

Professor Sea

Quote from: Empire KickAss on April 06, 2015, 09:26:35 PM

Hope that helps

no way, that sounds like an year of work lol.. and some admins are smart, they can tell if you are spamming even if you have different names you can't change your IP address every time. The SEO does help but what it does it says things to me and then I have to do the work ::)

other option that make the forum not public, so all guest see is the login page, so then they might join just to see the options

Well, if all guests could see is the log-in page, wouldn't it just deter most guests instead of them registering? Just wondering...
Visit my forum: http://endo.darkglass.net/

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Professor Sea on April 06, 2015, 11:45:15 PM
Quote from: Empire KickAss on April 06, 2015, 09:26:35 PM

Hope that helps

Well, if all guests could see is the log-in page, wouldn't it just deter most guests instead of them registering? Just wondering...
I got one joined in the last 24 hours, that makes 20 members for me  :( still small...

Advertisement: