Forum Sorta got Owned? Getting IPs of latest users performing actions on forum?

Started by FounderSim, March 13, 2015, 03:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FounderSim

So within the last 2-3days my forum went down as I tried to access it tonight and it just displayed an empty page. The first thing I did was check my FTP to make sure all the files was there and they was.

The second thing I did was check if the my DB was still there and it is also still there. Just every table is renamed with the prefix "backup_". I can't recall if this from a previous update or the attacker did this.

My forum was is updated when SMF releases a new update and the "only" mod I have installed is the mod-rewrite. No other site's on my host was effected. I am with HostGator. So where would information regarding user actions be stored in the DB if the "backup_" the latest copy before the DB went down? If it is not, is there another way I could obtain information about the attacker.
oRPG Creator - Create Your Own Browser RPG With No Programming!!

Kindred

The backup tables would be from your last full upgrade,  (not a package patch update)

And no... smf would nor keep track of user actions,  even the database was whole.
Check your server logs.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

FounderSim

Seems like my original DB tables is there. I believe the error is related to the pretty URLS.

oRPG Creator - Create Your Own Browser RPG With No Programming!!

Advertisement: