News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ugly urls :(

Started by suhaneankit, March 16, 2015, 07:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suhaneankit

Hi,
Can anyone tell how to get URL SEO friendly?

Any mod please suggest.
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

margarett

Pretty or ugly URLs have no impact over SEO and can still cause you several issues, especially with other MODs...

If you still want to go ahead with it, search our modsite for "SEO". Be sure to check for MODs that are compatible with your SMF version (everything that is compatible with 2.0+ should be OK to use)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

suhaneankit

Quote from: margarett on March 16, 2015, 07:34:31 AM
Pretty or ugly URLs have no impact over SEO and can still cause you several issues, especially with other MODs...

If you still want to go ahead with it, search our modsite for "SEO". Be sure to check for MODs that are compatible with your SMF version (everything that is compatible with 2.0+ should be OK to use)

Pretty url is not good for SEO ? i am not agree with this.

URL should always be clear and pretty and search engine gives high priority to user friendly urls.

margarett

I won't go into that discussion :P

There is a Pretty URLs MOD, as well as Optimus Brave. Those are the ones that people usually recommend.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

I will go into it.

You are plain wrong and almost 10 years out of date..  Pretty urls make no difference to search engines these days. It is one thing if you want pretty urls for humans,  but search engines do not care and pretty urls give no seo benefit.

marg edit: fixed some typos
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

suhaneankit

I'll have to check it then as i heard this first time.

BTW thanks margarett for giving me the Mod name.

Advertisement: