News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Deprecated: preg_replace():

Started by Andrew Evenstar, March 17, 2015, 12:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Evenstar

QuoteDeprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/evenstar/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

I have no idea why or how this error appeared. It seemed to start this past week. I did do a few searches on the board about this error but couldn't come across a solution. I have made no changes to my board in months, now im getting thousand of errors. 1.1.19 with custom mods.

Please help!

Illori

1.1.* does not support php 5.5, your host upgraded php to 5.5.*. you need to upgrade to 2.0 to get rid of that error.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

Biology Forums

can't you go into load.php and replace that function with what they recommend you can it into?

margarett

Not that easy, unfortunately. This same issue was fixed in 2.0.7 (and completely "polished" in 2.0.8 ) and it is a *massive* workload, not doable in 1.1.x anymore :(
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Andrew Evenstar

Quote from: Illori on March 17, 2015, 05:31:40 AM
1.1.* does not support php 5.5, your host upgraded php to 5.5.*. you need to upgrade to 2.0 to get rid of that error.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

******... but thank you for the response.

Is it easy to upgrade my forum even if I have tons of custom edits in the code and custom mods?

Thanks!

margarett

Yeah, that's the biggest issue. Most MODs that you have in 1.1 are probably available for 2.0 (not all) but, if they were custom coded, it's really not easy to adapt those :(

My advice is for you to duplicate your current 1.1.x setup and upgrade that duplicate. Play with it and check how close can you get to your current forum. It's better to do it now than to just wait and eventually let it crash completely (if PHP continues to change functionality, that can happen sooner or later)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: