News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Why Newsletter Not Working?

Started by olufemo, March 17, 2015, 01:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olufemo

I don't understand why newsletter is not working. I will get the sent response but it won't get delivered.
I do receive new users signup email notifications, new users get their confirmation emails and announcement email is been delivered.
Nothing in error logs?

Help will be appreciated.

margarett

Do you have mail queue enabled? How many people are you sending to at once?

Also, are you using PHP mail or SMTP?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

olufemo

Mail queue is enabled. The mails won't just get sent when it comes to newsletter been sent to any membergroup I select. It won't even show up as queued mails when I check under 'Browse Queue' unlike when I announce a topic, I will see the queue as is been sent.

I equally observed that if I input emails address directly under 'Advanced' section; the message will be sent to the email address. Seems like it doesn't work only when Membergroups are Selected to receive the newsletter even when override notification settings button is checked.

About 100 people (in a member group) at once.

Am using SMTP.

margarett

That's interesting, thank you for the detailed report.

So from your description it seems that fetching the members from the groups results in empty.

Can you please attach your ManageNews.php file?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

TarantinoArchives

having the same problem. other notifications work that are sent via email

Advertisement: