News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

What can i do to improve?

Started by ozm8ey, March 18, 2015, 01:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozm8ey

I know it probably looks like crap but can you guys tell me what I should do to make it look better

http://far-craft.us/forum/ [nofollow]

Dominus Arbitrationis

From a web design standpoint, I see several things right off the bat.

• First, you should have your page title defined a bit better. So have it be something like far-craft.us rather than far-craft.us-Index, which looks meh to me.
  • A favicon should also definitely be added.
Once I actually view your main page, I notice the following:

• Your icons are smushed and don't look good. Try getting square pictures rather than rectangular ones.
  • I would say that the icon in the top right should actually replace your forum name on the left, just to avoid the repeated information and to make it look better.
  • Personally, I believe that you should move the Shoutbox to the bottom, since it is a really bad first impression to me, if not to others.
  • Make sure to check your spelling/grammar, since I see a couple of errors there which does look unprofessional.
  • Some of the text is hard to read because of the background picture in the top left corner.

I know it probably sounds like I'm just criticizing your site, and I really do apologize for that. I can definitely see your site improving though!

On a positive note, I really love the ability to login via Steam! I'm actually going to look into setting that up on my own site! :)

Kindred

You are incorrect in at least one thing...

the fact that he has "- index" in the primary homepage is completely appropriate. Having the page title be just the site name is a poor choice.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dominus Arbitrationis

Ack, you're right. I was distracted when typing I guess. The more annoying thing about it would be the lower case for the title. Thanks for pointing out my error!

Advertisement: