News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Thread seen as a discussion (changes structure of topic)

Started by completelayman, March 18, 2015, 07:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

I would not say bubbles. A separate subdiscussion - yes - but not "shunned into corners" since you are free to ravel in any of them. And more importantly, the reader can choose where to keep on reading.

I am kind of surprised of the logic here: you generally do not like off-topic ..err..topics :) but you also think on-topic tools would hinder real communication.. So which is it? You want on-topic or off-topic discussions? ;D

And also: by actually making "boards" a aprt of the software, its already selected what the direction discussions are to take. If not, then why do we need boards at? If you think about, making a discussion having 1 or 2 levels deep is just a continuation of categories, boards, child-boards..to topics.I would rather say "waves", not "bubbles" since they certainly aren't completely cut off from the rest of the topic.

Kindred

Not, bloc...  I disagree with your logic again.

Boards are a categorization to guide where a conversation should start.
Threaded view is something compketely different and has all of the issues that I have already stated, making conversation exclusive and unfriendly to adding new thoughts.  Seriously.... I have been doing forums for nearly 30 years now... And I have yet to see threaded view actually work.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: