News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Can I change the post icon image?

Started by edandrea, March 21, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edandrea

Hey folks, total noob here wondering how or if I can change these initials to my prefered initials? Thanks everyone!

Shambles

Right-click the image and see what it's called and where it's located.

Create your replacement image and substitute the above for that. Simple.

edandrea

Do I modify right from the right click "inspect element info" or do I need to go into the smf mod section?

Steve

Personally, I'd use ftp and rename the old one, upload the new one with the original's filename. Done.

You'll probably have to refresh your browser to see the change.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

those images are called ON, ON2 and OFF (either gif or png, depending on the theme)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

edandrea

Thank you everyone for your help but I'm lost, I have no clue where to start?

Gary

You overwrite on, on2, off and redirect (with either .gif or .png filetypes) with images of the same name and type into your theme's images folder via FTP.

on is used for new posts within a parent board
on2 is used for new posts within a child board, but no new posts in a parent
off is used for no new posts in either a parent or child board.
redirect is exactly as it sounds.

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

edandrea

I'm sorry to waste your time, but this is all hard for me to follow, I'll just leave it as is. Plus I have other problems to solve that are more important like, how to get my attachments horizontal? I did it before and had it working but my host changed a few things and I guess the mod reset and forgot what I did?

Shambles

Quote from: edandrea
I'm sorry to waste your time, but this is all hard for me to follow, I'll just leave it as is.

Sorry you feel that way, but if replacing an image is hard to follow can I suggest you might encounter harder issues further down the line? Maybe "forum admin" isn't the right job for you. Just sayin'

edandrea

Advertisement: