News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

activity and members gruop setp

Started by crazyearner, March 21, 2015, 08:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyearner

So I want to know if their is such an option to do membergroups based off activity on forums and posts made and time been on forums for.

I see such options in smf 1x version. Is their such options or mods for smf 2 to add this in.

Activity is updated every hour.

The new member group limits to work like this.
Brand New   0 posts
Newbie   (none)
Jr. Member   activity: 40
Member           activity: 80
Full Member   activity: 130
Sr. Member   activity: 280
Hero Member   activity: 500

How would I set this up as I see it set in other smf forums would like to know how I can do this in my own forums thanks.

Kindred

posts yes.

it's called post-count-based groups...  and that's a standard feature.

activity as in time online or other activity other than posts... no.

and it would be useless - since I can leave my browser connected to the forum and get a huge "time online" in almost no time at all.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

player.samp

There is a package for it:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1915

Quote from: Kindred on March 22, 2015, 06:56:09 AMand it would be useless - since I can leave my browser connected to the forum and get a huge "time online" in almost no time at all.

"/index.php?action=admin;area=featuresettings"

'User online time threshold' - He can set it for 5 minutes or even less.

crazyearner

I am looking for it to be time based decided by posts as some forum am on has this in place.

The activity number is determined by:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

Activity is updated every hour.

Am guessing this has been custom made or theris some sort of mod to do this.

Kindred

Hmmm, there is a mod to REPLACE the post count with hours online.

However, it is a very stupid idea, in my opinion.  It is far to easy to get around and is a pointless statistic anyhow...   So, I get ranks just because my browser happens to be connected but I have not actually had any activity?   Idiotic.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

crazyearner

Am looking for somthing that is based on post and activity based off both and combined to result in rank.

Advertisement: