Firefox users - check theme

Started by CrimeS, March 22, 2015, 06:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrimeS

Hello, could someone check out this link? I mean, a person that's using a Firefox. I'm not sure if the boards are poorly displayed to only few people of is it a global problem. Chrome users are unaffected by this, so I've no idea what's causing this :/

http://demo.studiocrimes.com/index.php?theme=24

If it''s working okay for you then please point out your Firefox version as well. The theme is probably going to change the status to a FREE one :)

margarett

I'll check with FF when I get home, meanwhile here's how it looks on the iPhone ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

CrimeS

Perfect, thank you very much! iOS and Android seems to be fine  :)

Gary

There does seem to be a stupidly large gap when displaying boards, or rather category titles in Firefox. (36.0.4)
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Kindred

yup... and it is because something has a bad coding for that table...

<table class="table_list">
<tbody id="category_1" class="header">...
<tbody id="category_1_boards" class="content">...
<tbody class="divider">...
<tbody id="category_2" class="header">...
<tbody id="category_2_boards" class="content">...
<tbody class="divider">...
</table>

right here

.header {
    background: url("../images/theme/bg.jpg") repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    height: 195px;
    width: 100%;
}

that forced height is causing your problems...

but why are you using tbody for every section?  tbody should only be declared once per table....
additionally, if you mean to show it differently, the header section of the table should be thead...

basically, it looks like poor coding overall...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

Another good question; Why table ? why images? can't you just use gradient with either div or ul styling?

Kindred

that is a good question which also occurred to me just after I hit post...

tables should only be used for tabular data these days -- layout should be done with divs and other elements

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CrimeS

Quotebut why are you using tbody for every section?  tbody should only be declared once per table....
additionally, if you mean to show it differently, the header section of the table should be thead...

That's a really good question. I can't remember using tables (in fact I never use them), so I need to check out the code once again.

EDIT@

Yup, I know what caused it. I have overwritten a div id header with a class that had the same name header as well. This also caused the weird tables to generate, I knew I haven't modified any code for displaying it and everything was done with divs. Everything works fine now :)

Big thanks to Kindred, if you wouldn't post the .header class, then I would be probably still trying to fix it, because I spotted it wasn't a # :)
Also thanks to everyone for all the screenshots.

Advertisement: