Language-problems with SMF 2.0.9

Started by musicus, March 22, 2015, 08:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicus

Our board moved to a new server. As we have many english speaking users, the board-standard is english. Since some days, without any changes, the personal profiles change back to english for boardmembers, which prefer german.
This appears in any case, when the browser is restarted and the board is loading again. The problem appears with each browser.

Please help me to fix this Problem!
THX in advance

margarett

IIRC, users can't select language. You must run a MOD for that, if that's the case you need to address that MOD's support topic ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

musicus

There is no Mod installed for language-selection.
Thats SMF, that does it ......

margarett

You are correct, I'm sorry.

You need to check the table "smf_members", column "lngfile". See if it's empty for affected users.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

musicus

Sorry, it took a little time ......
All admins are preferring german as language.
When I`m logged in as admin and select german as preferred language, all members are set to german as default.
Today I changed my preferred language as a standard user, and only this account was changed.

Although all admins have set german (and have to repeat that rather often ...  :p ) the profile language changes very often, and I must commit, that I am a little bit confused ......

regards, musicus

musicus

OK .....  sorry for any inconvenience .....  I found the bug.
I had a mod for language-seletion,  Language Button Menu - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2705
Everybody, who used the plugin, changed the default-language for everybody.
Changing the preferred language in the profile changed really only this one user.
As this mod worked well for a long time, I will try to reinstall it and look, if this failure continues.

Big THX for your help!!
Now I know, who's resonsible .....
regards, musicus

Advertisement: