Display number of online user

Started by suhaneankit, March 22, 2015, 12:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suhaneankit

Hi i have noticed in other forums that they display always 500 members are online in last 15 minutes even there is no member or guest is online. I guess its a trick to show the number of fake online users to visitors.
Is there a way to do so in SMF also ?

:) thanks in advance for help.
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

Kindred

There is, but it is a very stupid thing to do
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

because it is VERY obvious when a site admin is faking the number of users online -- and it means that the real users need to wonder about what else the admin is lying about.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Pipke

Quote from: Kindred on March 22, 2015, 07:41:35 PM
because it is VERY obvious when a site admin is faking the number of users online -- and it means that the real users need to wonder about what else the admin is lying about.

How about this site then?
1,062 Guests, 36 Users (6 Hidden)

lol
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

margarett

Search engines all kinds of bots? ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

What about this site? We don't use any silly visit count fake functions.  What you showed is an accurate representation of what is currently on this site.   Of course,  the fact that we have been around for years, have excellent se ranking and get linked to from 90+% of the sites using our software might have something to do with that...

A new site... or even one a year old, with 500 visitors, none of whom ever register or post?  Obvious fakery...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: