View live external xls in post

Started by SDMiller, March 23, 2015, 08:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDMiller

Is there a way to allow admin to embed an external xls file into a post so the conents of said xls are viewable.. not just downloadable and then viewed offline?

I tried this:
[html]<iframe src="url/file.xls" width="98%" height="500"></iframe>[/html]

Of course it wouldn't be that simple. It still downloads the linked xls instead of viewing it.

Googling it, there are millions of pages explaining how to insert an xls as a table... which I know how to do, and that's not what I want. That requires actively updating the post every time something in the xls changes... which is not what I'm looking for.

Thanks

=)

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SDMiller

Thanks Margarett,

I did find that mod earlier too. I guess I meant a solution that's not $240 a month.

=)

It just seems it's just a basic concept... embed an object... that I'm surprised I can't Google-fu any solution. How could web-browsers have missed such an easy idea... you can embed images, videos, sound files... but not text from a document?!?

Say it aint so, Joe.

I did find solutions, but they all involve using a specific cloud server (skyserver etc)... so... hmm.

Maybe a feature request then?

Kindred

It is so...   For one reason, because such documents are not open source formatted

And no...  This is not something that would really be approved as a feature, since 99.9% of the sites out there would have no use for it.   Heck, even facebook and Wordpress don't do that...  And they pretty much cover anything that anyone thinks they want...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Aside from that... you're talking about live changes - the file has to be stored somewhere and changed there too... whole architectures are required for that. Which is why cloud servers are a thing.

Advertisement: