News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

unable to use censored words feature

Started by Deprecated, March 25, 2015, 03:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deprecated

2.0.9 + default Curve theme

I go to Posts and Topics -> Censored words, and it says "Put the word to be censored on the left, and what to change it to on the right."

There is just one problem, and I've seen screen shots showing them, but there are no boxes above the statement to put the word to be censored and its replacement.

I've searched all over the admin CP but can't find any setting to turn on this feature.

ETA:

I just checked two more 2.0.9 forums and same thing, then went to my 2.0.9 test forum with no mods and same thing there too, no boxes to enter word and replacement.

Shambles

Do you have a hyperlinked label saying "Click here to add another word."...?

lurkalot

Quote from: Shambles on March 25, 2015, 03:33:57 PM
Do you have a hyperlinked label saying "Click here to add another word."...?

Was going to ask that, but you beat me to it.

Yes,  need to click this to get the boxes.

Deprecated

Yes. I see the hyperlink now. It was not underlined or otherwise indicated as a hyperlink so it was not obvious to click it.

I don't understand why SMF needs the feature to have to click a link to get the boxes. Why can't its default behavior just present empty boxes?

Perhaps the developers can ponder that for 2.1 release.

Thank you for your help. ............. and remember, the essence of good engineering is to make features obvious how to use even for those who are not experts at using the product.

Until now I've never needed the feature -- in several years of running SMF forums.

Kindred

actually, the current implementation is a pretty good UI/UX.

after all - how many question boxes would be shown?   I have 20 questions..  some people only have 1....
With the "click to add a new question" there is no need to force a number on people...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: