News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Responsive theme help

Started by Portugal, March 25, 2015, 03:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portugal

Hi people,

Im looking for one theme, well i need a theme to 2.0.9 SMF but need it must be ready to all browsers and equipments. Can you sugest me the best theme (working) and with large capability to costumize, like insert ads on tópic (the first mesage) and to include ads on mobile versiosn. About it, what you sugest to use a portal (simpleportal, its possibile to dissable simpleportal when the mobile version (responsive) its detected by the browser? I need yours oppinion please!
Keywords: Need to implement the mobile version on my forum.:)

Thanks in advance
Portugal

Deaks

well the 2.0.X line is not responsive so even the responsive themes are limited to the scope of the software.  For the ads a few mods do this so do some portals, they will show on mobile as they would on a drsktop but remember mobiles dont like flash very much.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Portugal

Quote from: Ρουνικ on March 25, 2015, 05:57:21 PM
well the 2.0.X line is not responsive so even the responsive themes are limited to the scope of the software.  For the ads a few mods do this so do some portals, they will show on mobile as they would on a drsktop but remember mobiles dont like flash very much.

Thanks Pouvik for your oppinion. I was talked with some people about ADS and clearly said to me the best option is the responsive method (for ADS course), my big problem is what you refer, actually the SMF isnt responsive, now im losting everymonths more than 50000 visitors.....my forum is no mobile friendlly.
I dont know what the best option to take...well if anyone can give me opinions, i apreciate that.

Thanks

Deaks

their are a few responsive themes but they old do so much as the base is not responsive if you can wait till 2.1 (their is no release date) that is responsive.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Portugal

Quote from: Ρουνικ on March 25, 2015, 08:10:12 PM
their are a few responsive themes but they old do so much as the base is not responsive if you can wait till 2.1 (their is no release date) that is responsive.

Thanks again,

Yes im waiting......for the newer life for SMF with the newer capabilities of 2.1 with this i solve (almost) all my big worries :) well, i will go to try to find the best solution...maybe i will go to the mobile version to..instead.:)

Regards

Advertisement: