News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to check if timezone is in .htaccess or php.ini file

Started by Auke, March 25, 2015, 10:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auke

Although I'm still not able to check the functioning of mods offline, I've decided that I will have to install the Bad Behaviour mod anyway to get rid of all the spammers. While trying to install, I got the following warning:
QuoteBefore installing this mod make sure your local timezone is set in either .htaccess or php.ini file.
I have no idea what this means, except that it has something to do with a timezone (duh). Please advise on how/where to check if it is already in one of these. I'm using SMF 2.0.8.

Sir Osis of Liver

Run phpinfo.php (attached), look in the 'Date' section.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

ziycon

You need to add the default timezone for your configuration, something along the lines of below in your php.ini file:
[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
date.timezone = "America/Los_Angeles"

There is a list of support time zones here, http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

In htaccess file it's along the lines of:
SetEnv TZ America/Los_Angeles

Illori

you can only do the above change if your host allows you to modify your php.ini. most shared hosts do not. you could always put in a ticket to your host and ask if it is set.

you should also upgrade to 2.0.9 for security.

Herman's Mixen

its not a big deal if your PHP timezone and SMF timezone are a little different, most hosts wont fill these settings anyway... for my knowledge he is using 2.0.9 cause i upgraded him a while ago :P
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Auke

@ Krash & ziycon:
Thank you for your help. I unfortunately don't know how to do those things, and to be honest I don't want to do anything with codes; I'll mess up for sure.

@ Illori:
Thanks, sounds like a good advice! I'm hosted through CoreISP, I'll contact him (now I've got to figure out how to 'put a ticket in'...)

@ Herman's Mixen:
Still 2.0.8 here. I know I should upgrade, but I haven't looked into how I should do this. Getting rid of those darn spammers is my forum-priority 1, no. 2 is the upgrade.

Herman's Mixen

install a mod like, Solve Media

register at their site,
add your site
recieve your keys

add keys to mod and your ready ... security is handled by solved media
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

ziycon

For the spam problem have a look at this mod, works with the honey pot project, I use it on two forums and have very little spam if any at all.

Auke

According to my host there shouldn't be a problem with the time setting. Good! Now on with the next step...

Thank you all for helping!

Advertisement: