How to get rid of attachment info??

Started by edandrea, March 27, 2015, 11:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edandrea

Hey everyone
Is there a mod or somehow to have images not show the 'how many times it has been viewed or the image size'?? Thanks!

margarett

Display.template.php, find and remove (or comment)
                echo '
                                        (', $attachment['size'], ($attachment['is_image'] ? ', ' . $attachment['real_width'] . 'x' . $attachment['real_height'] . ' - ' . $txt['attach_viewed'] : ' - ' . $txt['attach_downloaded']) . ' ' . $attachment['downloads'] . ' ' . $txt['attach_times'] . '.)<br />';
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Burke ♞ Knight

edandrea

I tried that mod BK it came up with error not compatible and install only if I knew what I was doing, which I don't, I'm a noob. I have version smf 2.0.7 with BR final theme, and tinyportal

edandrea

Quote from: margarett on March 27, 2015, 11:22:27 AM
                echo '
                                        (', $attachment['size'], ($attachment['is_image'] ? ', ' . $attachment['real_width'] . 'x' . $attachment['real_height'] . ' - ' . $txt['attach_viewed'] : ' - ' . $txt['attach_downloaded']) . ' ' . $attachment['downloads'] . ' ' . $txt['attach_times'] . '.)<br />';

What exactly do I modify, or do I just select and remove this whole line??

margarett

You need to update to 2.0.9 ;)

About that, you either delete them (there are 2 lines, not just one) of comment them (by adding // at the beginning of the line)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

edandrea

Hi, I updated to 2.0.9 and I still get the error message with BK mod. This is copied from my Display.template. What do I need to do exactly? I tried a few things but not getting the results?

echo '
                                       (', $attachment['size'], ($attachment['is_image'] ? ', ' . $attachment['real_width'] . 'x' . $attachment['real_height'] . ' - ' . $txt['attach_viewed'] : ' - ' . $txt['attach_downloaded']) . ' ' . $attachment['downloads'] . ' ' . $txt['attach_times'] . '.)
                                 </td>';

ARG01

Quote from: margarett on March 27, 2015, 11:22:27 AM
                echo '

Works for me.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

edandrea

It worked for me also. But, left none to little gap between attachments almost making them look stuck together? Here is a screen snapshot of my site that shows the default gap between my attachments. I would like to get rid of the white text. Thanks for any help  :)

margarett

Default positioning for attachments in SMF is vertical (so no thumbs side-by-side)...

Are you using a MOD for that? Maybe the author can help you keep a minimum clearance...

edandrea

edandrea

Quote from: Burke ♞ Knight on March 27, 2015, 11:43:25 AM
If you'd prefer a mod, instead of manual editing:

Remove Attachment Info

Hi Burke

this is the error I get when I install this mod, any idea?

Burke ♞ Knight

Means that something else modified that area. More likely, the above mod you said you installed to do the thumbnails side-by-side.

suhaneankit

Hey,
Do not delete anything in the template it might break some other functionality.
The best way to get rid of is just right click and do Inspect Element, find the respective css and enter the below line

display:none;

It will just hide the panel thats it.

Please try this and let me know. :)
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

Kindred

suhaneankit -- in this case you are incorrect.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

suhaneankit, if a team member, especially, as well as someone that has been dealing with SMF coding for a long time, suggests to remove some code for the OP to accomplish what they want, as well as being basically the same as a mod, then I rather doubt it would break something.

When the team, and those that have years of experience in SMF coding tell how to do something, then that's the best way to do it. These people will NOT tell someone to remove code, if they know it would break something else.

Advertisement: