bring along board statistics to 2.1

Started by paq, March 27, 2015, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paq

In which table would I be able to find the forum statistics?
When I upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1, they are there.
In this case I imported specific tables to a fresh install of version 2.1, but they are lacking the number of topics and posts.
It is showing the correct number of members, but the other stats are starting at 0 again (and counting).

Arantor

You're not supposed to import bits of it; the upgrader does it all. Doing it piecemeal is hard enough even for the dev team.

Kindred

On other words... use the proper process. We don't support bypassing the procedures, especially not for betas
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

Kindred

Yes... But importing database tables piecemeal is just silly and is almost guaranteed to cause issues
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Night09

Quote from: paq on March 27, 2015, 05:47:31 PM
In which table would I be able to find the forum statistics?
When I upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1, they are there.
In this case I imported specific tables to a fresh install of version 2.1, but they are lacking the number of topics and posts.
It is showing the correct number of members, but the other stats are starting at 0 again (and counting).

To me the first two lines say you have upgraded correctly using the upgrade route but the second two lines say you have issues importing directly to the database. If so why would you need to attempt it this way anyway?

paq

The upgraded board has quite a lot of issues. Specially in terms of layout.
That is the reason I started importing the messages, topics, members and board tables in a new database.

What I could try though is to revert that process: upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1, and than roll back the php of the working 2.1, rather than importing an up to date database.

it is quite strange though.
/Sources/Stas.php has
// Get averages...
$result = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT
SUM(posts) AS posts, SUM(topics) AS topics, SUM(registers) AS registers,
SUM(most_on) AS most_on, MIN(date) AS date, SUM(hits) AS hits
FROM {db_prefix}log_activity',
array(
)
);
$row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($result);
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($result);

This all remains the same, and the activity log is also the same.  All forum stats are there, except for
SUM(posts) AS posts
SUM(topics) AS topics

paq

found it!

The totals shown in stats are recorded in db_smf_settings

Kindred

I am sorry, but we can not support you doing things that essentially are breaking the system to begin with.

If you are going to use a system that WAS running 2.0.x - then do the full upgrade. period.
If you are going to use a new forum, then do the full install. period.

do not mess around with partial this and partial that.

Also, I have no idea what you could be talking about "in terms of layout" unless you again bypassed the process and tried to force a 2.0.x theme in your 2.1 upgraded site. ***NONE*** of the 2.0.x themes will EVER work with 2.1. period. Don't even try.
(just like none of the 1.1.x themes work with 2.0.x)
Слaва
Украинi

paq

Sorry I didn't mean lay out as in theme.
There seem to be a few mods that needed some manual coding in the past, and they don't work out (even uninstalled) on an upgraded 2.1.
Automatically on an upgraded 2.0 > 2.1 I have a constant scripting error on load.php, which is on screen all the time. Lines that actually load the averages.

QuoteNotice: Undefined index: load_average

Lines 192 and 196.
Strangely enough it does load the averages correctly.

All in all I just had a lot of hassle getting to a decent upgraded board. Never got it to work properly. The work around to carefully start hauling tables was working out pretty good. So that is what we did.

Kindred

again..  absolutely.  mods which do not use hooks will almost always have to be re-written for new versions.

And yet doing a work-around like that
1- breaks many things on the system
2- breaks the process
3- is actively violating the PURPOSE of the beta -- which is to test potential issues in a wider audience than out base QA and to REPORT and FIX problems... not to bypass them by doing things the wrong way.
Слaва
Украинi

paq

I hear you. I was not intending to by-pass your development actions, I was trying to solve a problem I couldn't get rid of. Some modifications have been made 5 years back, I simply can't remember what was changed back then and where.
There are quite a few problems on the current (old) board which I cannot isolate. They suddenly pop-up. So every upgrade I tried so far continue to have most of those problems. Could be in the database, could be at the host... It is very very hard to pinpoint them.

Advertisement: