How I can upgrade 2.0.7 to latest version

Started by pixeleyes, March 28, 2015, 11:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixeleyes

My forum is blocked by hosting company and I have been told that

my forum version is old and vulnerable.

How can I upgrade forum from 2.0.7 to new version.

Kindred

the best option would be to log into the forum and apply the 2.0.8 patch and then apply the 2.0.9 patch.
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching
You would need to log into the forum to do that, though....

the other option would be to perform a full upgrade
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pixeleyes

Thanks for your help.

There is another issue my all mods were removed by host company

what could be the cause of that?

Kindred

no idea... you would have to ask them.

If you used the full upgrade method, then all mods would have been removed because you overwrote the files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Quote from: pixeleyes on March 28, 2015, 02:37:24 PM
There is another issue my all mods were removed by host company
If this is true (your host messing with your forum) I would find another host immediately! :o
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

pixeleyes

Forum is updated by using patch from Admin panel.

But now there is another error occurred while enabling SP blocks that my database is still not update.

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.9, while your database is at version 2.0.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Kindred

Don't worry about that... That error is actually not correct since there have been no database uodates since 2.0.1

The other error that preceded that one is something else, though...  Which suggests that you have a problem in the code in your simpleportal stuff.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: