News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

PHPFastCache

Started by ziycon, March 28, 2015, 11:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziycon

Has anyone used this before, is it any good? I'm looking to introduce caching on a code level with no cache add-ons to php etc.

Arantor

If you're talking about that... why no Zend OpCache which is built into PHP 5.5?

ziycon

PHPFastCache works with PHP 5.1+ where as OpCache only works for 5.5+ and in this case the server is running 5.4 which I have no control over.

Arantor

Why don't you want to use one of the better supported solutions like APC that also introduces a key-value cache? You're already consuming memory with op code caching assuming it's actually done properly, and if it isn't, you are not getting the best out of your setup in the first place.

ziycon

Unfortunately the better options aren't plausible options in this case due to the time constraint of the customer wanting it implemented and the long approval cycle to get anything new compiled/installed, so very limited as to what I can use.

Arantor

So they already approved the choice of a tool few have heard of, and whose support is unknown, over two mature, stable and well supported options?

ziycon

No they haven't approved it yet, it's based off a time constraint and due to the long approval process for installing/compiling they want an option in the interm that can be dropped in and doesn't require much/any changing of the environment setup/config.

Advertisement: