Website seems to be too slow lafter installing and creating a forum in SMF 2.0.9

Started by immigrants.ie, March 28, 2015, 05:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

immigrants.ie

I changed from PhpBB3 and installed SMF and created a forum from scratch. But the pages load too slow compared to PhpBB3. How to optimize the webserver, Database and page load performance. Any links or tips please.

ziycon

Hi immigrants.ie, welcome to SMF, I assume your based in Ireland with a domain like that!? What package are you on with eirhost?

immigrants.ie

I am on basic package. Details follows

Apache Version   2.2.27
MySQL Version   5.5.42-cll
Operating System   linux
Perl Version   5.8.8
PHP Version   5.3.28

Does it make any sense?

Night09

Upgrade PHP version in the control panel if you can or ask the host as its a few versions behind and newer versions have better performance.

ziycon

Quote from: immigrants.ie on March 29, 2015, 05:30:49 AM
I am on basic package. Details follows

Apache Version   2.2.27
MySQL Version   5.5.42-cll
Operating System   linux
Perl Version   5.8.8
PHP Version   5.3.28

Does it make any sense?
Like Night09 said I would talk to the host about getting PHP updated as 5.3 is no longer supported (with that said 5.3.29 was the most recent release for the 5.3 branch) and is end of life since 14 Aug 2014, at a minimum I would expect 5.4 to be installed.

What are the speed issues/problems you're experiencing at present?

immigrants.ie

The pages of the forum takes ages to load.

Also I got the following error

There has been a problem with the database!
This is a notice email to let you know that SMF could not connect to the database, contact your host if this continues.

When I tried to look ate the PHP version i got the following message (See attached pic) - "user immigrant not in CageFS"

What is the message about?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LiroyvH

That's a CloudLinux error. Either means a misconfiguration with the host/user was improperly added to CageFS, or they disabled the CloudLinux PHP selector and it's throwing a stupid error.

It shouldn't be cause of your speed problem though.
What does SMF state at the bottom the query times are? And if you enable debug, can you see which query is taking very long to finish?
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

ziycon

I've never heard of eirhost before and I would be aware of most if not all hosting companies in Ireland. Also the website is very poor for a professional company and the organisation name registered for the whois information 'Web Services Ltd' isn't registered as a company or business name with the company registrations office, just a few oddities.

I would suggest looking at letshost or blacknight which are very reputable hosts which I can vouch for from experience. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

immigrants.ie

Eirhost have told me that they would upgrade PHP for me. Let us get the debut log and look what query is taking too long.

suhaneankit

Analyze your forum through webpagetest or tools.pingdom deeply. Find the issue which is slowing down the rendering. 
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

Kindred

suhaneankit,

it it is an internal/php thing, those services won't do any good at all. Those services would only help with the HTML side of things (and debug mod in SMF would tell you the same sort of details but more specific.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

suhaneankit

Quote from: Kindred on April 04, 2015, 07:30:06 AM
suhaneankit,

it it is an internal/php thing, those services won't do any good at all. Those services would only help with the HTML side of things (and debug mod in SMF would tell you the same sort of details but more specific.)

Got your point!! :)
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

sebolo06

Quote from: immigrants.ie on March 29, 2015, 05:58:11 PM
The pages of the forum takes ages to load.

Also I got the following error

There has been a problem with the database!
This is a notice email to let you know that SMF could not connect to the database, contact your host if this continues.

When I tried to look ate the PHP version i got the following message (See attached pic) - "user immigrant not in CageFS"

What is the message about?

The same with  me...

Kindred

that is a host issue with connections to the database. talk to your host
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: