News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Membergroups

Started by Hathor, March 28, 2015, 03:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hathor

I'll revive this thread. Using 2.0.9, i can't get custon usergroups to show (non-postcount based). I added a group for banned members, and it just wont show up.

Topic split - Iris.

Illori

is the group set as visible in the drop down for visibility?

Hathor

It has been set for visiblity
It has a colour code
Show group key is enabled through acp
admin / mod /  chat op are visible

Kindred

and -- is the membergroup assigned to the user as a PRIMARY membergroup?

The system only shows the primary membergroup and post-count group.  secondary membergroups are not displayed
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Hathor

I'm really not sure what you mean, Kindred, but if i'd take a guess..

I created a test account and added it to the group as primary usergroup. Still no show on index. I created a chat operator group, and it automatically showed up on the index.

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on March 29, 2015, 12:39:59 AM
The system only shows the primary membergroup and post-count group.  secondary membergroups are not displayed

they are talking about the group key on the board index in the info center. you can set any group to show there but the post count groups.

can you take a screenshot of the group config and post it so we can look at it?

Deaks

I have found that you have to be logged in for the group to show, if the user is banned then no-one from that group would be online as they are banned, so it wont show.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Hathor

Quote from: Ρουνικ on March 29, 2015, 10:00:56 AM
I have found that you have to be logged in for the group to show, if the user is banned then no-one from that group would be online as they are banned, so it wont show.

Perhaps, but it doesnt apply here. I created the account "test" and set banned as default usergroup (not really banned). Refuses to show on index

Deaks

and was the user logged in?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Illori

Quote from: Ρουνικ on March 29, 2015, 10:00:56 AM

i have never seen that happen. even if no one is online the group key should always show the same list of groups.

Kindred

Actually, on several themes, I have seen that and runic is correct. it only displays the legend for groups with actively logged in users
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

that makes no sense as the theme should never query the database to see who is online and what group they are in. if you look at the key here all the groups show up that should even if no one is online in that group.

Deaks

also does it on default theme.  I have always wondered why it doesnt here when it does elsewhere we shall add it to the unexplained things of SMF, I cant remember any mods on here that may effect it, so may be one of the few things that is custom coded.  And Illori it happens on many themes even with ones that dont include their on BoardIndex.template.php so it uses default.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Illori

there does seem to be a mod installed here related to the group key, as some when clicked on redirect to the team page and not the group listing.

i just tested and i cant seem to quickly find out why 1 group is showing and another is not on my test board when the group config is the same. one not showing up has users in the group where the one showing has no members.

Deaks

memory is correct its custom coded here, issue is then it kinda invalidates what you said with

Quote from: Illori on March 29, 2015, 03:24:49 PM
if you look at the key here all the groups show up that should even if no one is online in that group.

Dont you love me :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Illori

Quote from: Ρουνικ on March 29, 2015, 07:06:04 PM
memory is correct its custom coded here, issue is then it kinda invalidates what you said with

Quote from: Illori on March 29, 2015, 03:24:49 PM
if you look at the key here all the groups show up that should even if no one is online in that group.

Dont you love me :P

dont you read what i said above your reply?

Quote from: Ρουνικ on March 29, 2015, 04:55:16 PM
I have always wondered why it doesnt here when it does elsewhere we shall add it to the unexplained things of SMF, I cant remember any mods on here that may effect it, so may be one of the few things that is custom coded.

i was replying to that.

Illori

$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT id_group, group_name, online_color
FROM {db_prefix}membergroups
WHERE min_posts = {int:min_posts}
AND hidden = {int:not_hidden}
AND id_group != {int:mod_group}
AND online_color != {string:blank_string}
ORDER BY group_name',
array(
'min_posts' => -1,
'not_hidden' => 0,
'mod_group' => 3,
'blank_string' => '',
)
);

if the group has no color defined it will not show up in the group key.

Hathor

Hathor

Quote from: Hathor on March 30, 2015, 03:20:02 AM
Quote from: Ρουνικ on March 29, 2015, 11:59:14 AM
and was the user logged in?

I was logged in as test, yes

Quoteif the group has no color defined it will not show up in the group key.
Color has been set the whole time

Advertisement: