News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

A member with problems on SMF2

Started by weststekker, March 29, 2015, 02:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weststekker

I have a member who is on several SMF forums in our group. He has no problems what so ever on SMF 1.??.?? sites. We also have an SMF site using SMF2 on which he has problems. As soon as he logs on he get a INFO ICON and a message "This content cannot be displayed in a frame." We have even deleted his account, he has registered with a new set of details but the problem still exists. "HELP, HELP,HELP".

busterone

More info is needed to actually help, however if this user is the only one experiencing issues, then it in all probability the issue is on his end.
What OS and browser is this member using to access the forum, and has this user tried alternate browsers to see if he gets the same results?

Illori

SMF of around 2.0.7 or so no longer allows it to be in an iframe for security. if the user is viewing the forum in an iframe and no one else is for whatever reason that would be why they are getting that error.

weststekker

Since I started this thread, other members have contacted me with similar problems. Some of them have used different browsers to no avail. They have deleted cookies in case of corruption. I am using Chrome and Windows7 with no problems but other members with the same combination are having problems.

Kindred

SMF cannot be used in an iframe... As was already stated. using a frame is a security issue and was disallowed a few revisions ago. so somehow your users are attempting to access your site through an iframe which is why they are getting that message. If they access your site directly they should not get that message... Unless for some reason you have an iframe on your site itself, in which case you should remove it
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: