News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

custom theme [can_quote] not working

Started by stirre, March 30, 2015, 10:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stirre

Hello,

I have a problem with my forum, that's using custom theme.
In themes display.template.php "elseif ($context['can_quote'])" shows like any other button that shows, but the problem is that the quote button is not showing on forum pages.

Forum version is 2.0.9
Dev forum is located at hxxp://developer.airedi.fi/lauta/
Installed mods:
referrals system
tapatalk SMF 2.0 plugin
Simple Image upload
Social login
Hide the content of code tags from guests
Hide SMF Version

Can someone help me fix this problem?

Arantor

iGoinify

BBC-code [.quote] is enabled at index.php?action=admin;area=postsettings;sa=bbc and you can quote manually. Though the button is not visible.

Illori

Quote from: iGoinify on April 01, 2015, 09:46:55 AM
Though the button is not visible.

really? i see a quote button in the editor

not to mention each post has a quote button to quote the post in your reply.

iGoinify

I can't myself find that quote button you are talking about. Yes it works in regular core theme, but new theme does not - for some reason - display the button.

Kindred

well, you will have to take the forum our of maintenance mode
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

Wait....   Are you the same person as the oriignal poster?  If so, why are you posting form two different accounts?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

Also...   can you be specific about WHICH quote button is not showing for you?

The one in the display.template.php file (at the top of each post), the one in the Reply screen next to each post or the BBC button in the editor?

Also, please provide a login (non-admin)
Слaва
Украинi

iGoinify

I am another admin of the board. This issue needs to be solved asap. Sorry for the confusion.
Login: guest
Password: guest15

Quote button next to each post does not display. Reply screen BBC is fine.

Kindred

seems to work for me...

The part that says:
    Lisää lainaus

Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

Ah... you did mean on the display.template.php

Yup... it's not showing because the code SHOULD be here: <div class="reset smalltext quickbuttons2"> </div>

but, as you can see, it is blank.

Please attach your custom theme's  display.template.php?
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

yup...  someone or some mod has definitely screwed with this file...

it looks like someone tried to forcibly remove the ability to approve messages from the quickbuttons, but they did a crap job of it, thus making it so that the quote, and all the other quick buttons are ONLY displayed it the user has the "can_approve" permission.

// Maybe we can approve it, maybe we should?
if ($message['can_approve'])

// Can they reply? Have they turned on quick reply?
if ($context['can_quote'] && !empty($options['display_quick_reply']))
echo '
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=post;quote=', $message['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';last_msg=', $context['topic_last_message'], '" onclick="return oQuickReply.quote(', $message['id'], ');" class="btn btn-info btn-sm">', $txt['quote'], '</a>';

// So... quick reply is off, but they *can* reply?
elseif ($context['can_quote'])
echo '
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=post;quote=', $message['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';last_msg=', $context['topic_last_message'], '" class="btn btn-info btn-sm">', $txt['quote'], '</a>';

so -- either put the approval icon BACK IN...   or properly remove the whole thing  -- this bit if ($message['can_approve'])
Слaва
Украинi

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: