News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Building my site around SMF

Started by Dibbles, March 30, 2015, 11:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dibbles

So, I've worked out I can customize SMF so much, that I wish to revamp my site and build it around SMF.

However, I have a question. I am running multiple skins from my site (through SMF forum theme manager) and am wishing users to be able to select which skin they wish (most of them will be a colour change to the original theme) - However, how am I supposed to build my site around multiple themes?

I have looked through SMF index.php and have found the following line:

loadTheme();

I was wondering if I could add this into my header.php somewhere (I want to use header.php (which will have the scripts, css, logo & nav in it) and footer.php (which will have everything below the forums) to integrate around the site so these are easily changed/edited and affect both forums and site in one hit) that looks whether users are online and distinguish which theme they are running and build the site around that theme?

If this doesn't work, how will I build my site around multiple SMF themes?

Kindred

I don't believe that loading the theme in and "include" file will have the result that you want...

the easiest was is to load SSI.php at the start of every file on your site (well, the ones outside of the forum, that is) and then use template_body_above() and template_body_below()

template_html_above() is also useful
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: