News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

GRAPHICS: Suggestions of where to purchase avatar sets

Started by nomorepolitics, March 30, 2015, 08:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nomorepolitics

Greetings - hope this is the correct board - if not please advise - thanks. 

So, I'm currently working on a forum that the subject matter is spiritual - non-denominational, interfaith not religious but inclusive of all.  I have not been successful at finding what I am looking for so thought to ask if anyone could recommend a site or two that may be helpful to me.  For example, my avatar on the site is the image attached.  Hope this all makes sense. 

Thank you very much - appreciate the assistance. 

All the best
Ron
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." - Buddha

Bigguy

Have you looked to the mod site to find your avatars. There are a few packs there. I have not heard of anyone selling them at all though.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=avatars

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

nomorepolitics

Thanks Guys - I did check the mod site but didn't find anything that I could use really, and I did a lot of searching but nada. 

Think I'll just go with the options: No Avatar, Avatar using URL and Upload Avatar -- that should solve the issue.  I'll just need to change the default pic for no custom avatar. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your thoughts. 

All the very best
Ron

"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." - Buddha

Bigguy

No harm in uploading a few packs for your members to choose from. ;) There are so many places on the net to get free ones...I don't honestly think it would be worth the time to sell them. (Just my opinion.)

nomorepolitics

Yeah, I am going to still consider that but I may end up making some out of an icon set - the included pics are not relevant to the subject matter at all.  I have looked at some on-topic (for me) icon sets and could make them uniformly sized and upload a folder of them  -  if only I wasn't so anal retentive ...  :-\

When I do get this settled to my satisfaction I'll drop a note here. 

Thanks again Bigguy

Bigguy

Not a problem at all. We are all here to help. Would be great to hear back from you about how you make out. :)

nomorepolitics

I certainly will post a solution - always do so when others have similar questions they might benefit. 

BTW, I know that you guys are all volunteers - know you are very much appreciated. 

Best,
Ron

Advertisement: