Issue with approving members

Started by cardiffians, March 31, 2015, 06:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardiffians

Hello there - I've been using SMF for a decade and this is a first for me.  When I try to approve members, via any method, both via the main member approval list and individually per account, I get a little pop up as normal saying "Approve all selected members?" and I hit okay - and I'm taken back to my website homepage (not even the forum homepage).  No members are approved.

I've only just noticed this in the past few weeks, and I'm running SMF 2.0.9.  Back in early January, I re-installed the forum to ensure I was running all the latest version files, with no mods. But I've had new members join since with no approval problems.  This is totally random!

So - in a nutshell - please could someone help me?!

Thanking you all in advance for reading this post and for any advice you can give.

(PHP attached) Google "Cardiffians"

Illori

ask your host if they are running mod_security, if so ask them to disable it.

cardiffians

Hello - thank you for your response.

I logged into cPanel and looked for Mod Security.  It was switched on, and probably has been since day one.  So I disabled it anyway, and attempted to approve the members again.  Exactly the same problem - as soon as I hit 'OK' on the pop up box - straight back to my website home page.

Annoying!

Cheers.  Matthew

UPDATE: I thought about logging out and clearing temporary files/cookies - wondered if that would make a difference after the change of settings.  So I dutifully cleared out everything that I could think of, and bingo!  Members are now approved!

Thanks for your help - consider this case closed! :0)

Advertisement: