Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Forum blocked by host

Started by pixeleyes, April 01, 2015, 12:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixeleyes

My forum us already updated to 2.0.8 but hosting company again blocked my forum
and sent below message.

"Issue is not solved. Your forum is still vulnerable.
If you don't know how to solve the issue disable forum notifications"

How to solve this issue?

kawajax

No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
http://shareitservice.com/

pixeleyes

live627

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

From their page, it seems that they only handle domain registrations? I don't see any hosting package anywhere :o
So you should have your actual files+db in another place/host.

Anyway, they need to specify what they find "vulnerable". My money is on Subs-Post.php :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

I think you are probably right, margarett...   in which case, not only are they a bad host, they are idiots.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pixeleyes

They answered me that:

you should install some captcha. I suppose robots are able to register/post new topics then board is generating abnormal amount of php mail based messages.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Biology Forums

@pixeleyes,

Run away from these guys as soon as possible. They are micromanaging their servers, and that's always frustrating to the end user.

margarett

And can we have a link to your forum, just to check?

What probably happens is that your users are requesting lots of post/topic notifications and your host doesn't like it.
Nevertheless, you should monitor what exactly is your forum sending. Because:
Quoteabnormal amount of php mail based messages
"abnormal" is not a defined amount. If they said "your forum is generating more than 1000 emails every day", depending on your forum size that would be a valid reason. But I don't know what "abnormal" means...

Quote from: Shuban on April 02, 2015, 12:03:00 AM
Run away from these guys as soon as possible.
I am inclined to agree...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ziycon

Quote from: pixeleyes on April 01, 2015, 11:49:34 PM
They answered me that:

you should install some captcha. I suppose robots are able to register/post new topics then board is generating abnormal amount of php mail based messages.
If a host is telling you what you have to install/customise on your website then it's time to move host and is a sign of a poor quality host that hasn't much confidence in it's own setup.

pixeleyes

Quote from: margarett on April 02, 2015, 04:58:01 AM
And can we have a link to your forum, just to check?

What probably happens is that your users are requesting lots of post/topic notifications and your host doesn't like it.
Nevertheless, you should monitor what exactly is your forum sending. Because:
Quoteabnormal amount of php mail based messages
"abnormal" is not a defined amount. If they said "your forum is generating more than 1000 emails every day", depending on your forum size that would be a valid reason. But I don't know what "abnormal" means...

Quote from: Shuban on April 02, 2015, 12:03:00 AM
Run away from these guys as soon as possible.
I am inclined to agree...

one2onefun.com

a10

Enable Mail Queue, then monitor what's going on in 'Browse Queue'.

If it's related to vast amounts of bot registrations, use some verification questions and the problem will go away immediately, then you may stay with that host (if generally satisfied with them).
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

margarett

According to your boards stats:
Latest Post: "............................" ( December 10, 2014, 03:21:28 AM )
So topic/post notifications is not what's happening.

And since you have registrations disabled, SMF shouldn't really be sending anything. You need to ask your host how much is that "abnormal" amount of emails. And if they have it, a mail log also helps.

Kindred

Definitely check the source of the sends...  there is a good possibility that you were hacked and that they have made your server into a zombie sender. ..
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: