News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Notice system based on criteria

Started by Vivek24, April 01, 2015, 07:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivek24

I would like to have notice system based on various criteria. The notice should display on the board according to the criteria selected ny the admin. Is there any feature or mod available for this ?

margarett

You should probably be more specific... I can't even imagine what you want to have...

Are you referring to a "kind-of-warning" on the top of a page? Same warning for all users, or user/group specific? Or something totally different than this?
Which "criteria" do you have in mind?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Vivek24

I mean showing message to a user on the top of the page based on various criteria like :

- user who have not posted for more than x days
- users who have birthday today
- users of particular group
- user is not from particular groups
- User is a guest
- user has x topics
- user who have visited more than x days
- user who have registered more than x days
etc.

420Connect.co.uk

I think Vivek is looking for a board stats mod of some sort..

With the information you have given us, I don't believe that exact thing exists although you could easily* put together something similar..

A portal, such as (Simpleportal.net) might be something that would be a good starting point for you

You could use it to easily display a block of 'Board Stats' at the top of your forum..
It has a preconfigured stats block but to include the things you would like would take a bit of custom coding..

You may or may not already know about the stats page too, that is a part of a standard SMF installation..
You could likely use parts of it's code, used to make up the page to suit your liking:

find at:
www.yourwebsiteaddress.com/index.php?action=stats

update:

I stumbled across this MOD that would also be a good starting point for what you want to achieve..

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3597
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Kindred

Ummm....   No, 420, that is not what he asked for at all....

He asked for a mod that shows specific news/notification text based on the criteria that he mentiomed...  Not a display of those stats.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Suki

Quote from: Vivek24 on April 02, 2015, 04:01:54 AM
I mean showing message to a user on the top of the page based on various criteria like :

- user who have not posted for more than x days
- users who have birthday today
- users of particular group
- user is not from particular groups
- User is a guest
- user has x topics
- user who have visited more than x days
- user who have registered more than x days
etc.

Who, exactly will be the user who will see this notices?

The actual user whom the criteria is been applied to?
The admin?
some other user?

If it is the actual "subject" user then it might be easy to get some of the criteria, might be difficult to get some other and it might be redundant to show them some of the criterias you are asking, for example, if an user has not visited the site in X days then how are they suppose to see the actual notice about them not not visiting the site?

If this notices are for admins/moderators/other groups then it might make more sense to have an actual separate page with all this info (where info can be cached and shared/showed between users) rather than getting and displaying it on every page for every user which can be quite expensive on the server side.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Vivek24

@Suki, when a user logs in, then a message to be shown to a user who have not visited x number of days. Message/Notice should be shown at the top of the page on the basis of selected criteria. Suppose, todays is users birthday, then show the message to that particular user. Suppose i would like to give a message to a particular group, then that message/notice will be visible to only particular group at the top of the page,etc.

Is there any mod available like this or any default feature in SMF ? since i cannot find it.

Arantor

No, there isn't a mod as far as I know to replicate this feature from XenForo.

harsh21

I would like this mod to be in my forum. Has someone made this kind of mod ?
This is similar to xenforo & vbulletin notiec system.

Advertisement: