News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Upgrade from 1.1.11

Started by Jos2015, April 04, 2015, 05:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jos2015

Can I upgrade from version 1.1.11 to 1.1.20 without problems?

I don't have the knowloedge to correct errors I am araid. So, normally, will the upgrade going without troubles?

PS: Sorry for my English....

Illori

read http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching

dont forget to make a backup as you go.

you should also start planning to upgrade to 2.0 at some point.

Jos2015

I know, but I it to difficult for me....  :-[ :-[

Illori

what issues are you running into? without details we cant help you at all.

Jos2015

I am just afraid of doing the upgrade, becaus I don(t know much of it.  :-[

In the past it was someone else who has set-up the forum.

Shambles

Are you an administrator of your forum?

If so, you need to conquer your fear of change and try to get to grips with all administration duties, even if that means taking time out to learn something new ;)

Jos2015

I am the administrator of the forum. It was set-up in 2004 (I think)

Until last year, it was someone else who was taking care of the forum. I am the webmaster of the site and I am making al the content for it. The site has a lot of information, but he needs also an upgrade. I am trying to make a website with Wordpress for the moment (He is still in a testing fase).

If I can't find anyone I will try to do the upgrade tomorrow and prying that it won't go wrong....

Sir Osis of Liver

Praying won't help.  If you can pm username/password to your host account (need to get to cpanel) and admin access to your forum, will upgrade you to 2.0.9.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Jos2015

It is done!!!!
Thanks everybody for helping me!!!
I have fond someone who has done it for me, but nevertheless, thanks!!
This topic may be closed
From now on I will upgrade the software every time there is some new available!!

Shambles

lady_l

Its sort of hard to get up the courage but you gotta do what you gotta do. I regret very much not keeping up with the upgrades as now I have got a huge upgrade to do(taking a deep gulp of air here) Luckily someone years ago made a test forum for me to practice on. Im not sure how to make one yourself, perhaps just uploading a copy of the old software somewhere and using that to play with.

LL
"And we're vagabonds/we travel without seatbelts on/we live this close to death"

Advertisement: