News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Opportunity to convert 5.1.6 to SMF 2.0.9

Started by iNetForce, April 04, 2015, 01:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iNetForce

I have a 5.1.6 fairly large forum that I would like to convert to SMF 2.0.9, I was hoping to find someone here willing to help me complete the process.

I have paid subscriptions.

margarett

Hi and welcome to sm.org ;)

AFAIK there is no working converter for vB 5.x :( The latest ones available are for 4.2.x (IIRC)

I am willing to help you with the process but, for the most part, it requires an almost "from scratch" approach. There is nothing wrong with that, just that it requires a decent amount of work (translation: it's not going to be fast :P )
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

toolbox

How we did this was to convert to IPB 3.x.x first then convert to SMF2 from there.

iNetForce

Quote from: margarett on April 04, 2015, 04:56:06 PM
Hi and welcome to hxxp:sm.org [nonactive] ;)

AFAIK there is no working converter for vB 5.x :( The latest ones available are for 4.2.x (IIRC)

I am willing to help you with the process but, for the most part, it requires an almost "from scratch" approach. There is nothing wrong with that, just that it requires a decent amount of work (translation: it's not going to be fast :P )

My concern is the passwords of each user, do they need to re-register?

iNetForce

Quote from: toolbox on April 13, 2015, 12:26:31 PM
How we did this was to convert to IPB 3.x.x first then convert to SMF2 from there.

Was this version of IPB free?

margarett

About the passwords: not sure... We need to try to discover what encryption does this version of vB uses

About IPB, not really...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

iNetForce

Quote from: margarett on June 30, 2015, 09:47:27 PM
About the passwords: not sure... We need to try to discover what encryption does this version of vB uses

About IPB, not really...

When can we start?

Advertisement: