News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Hosted pics are microscopic/loss the capability to upload avatar.

Started by bigmo66, April 05, 2015, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmo66

For some reason every time me or someone posts a pic no matter what the source, it shows up as barely a dot in the post. I have looked at the attachment settings, ect.. but can't figure it out.
I also have an error with attachments & avatars. Keeps saying attachment location not found etc..

Buggin the crap out of me!

bigmo66

I get the following attachments error when running the repair tool..

Notice: Undefined index: database_error in /home/tacomagu/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 594

Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /home/tacomagu/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 595

If I paste into excel, this is line 594 & 595 but it means zilch to me?

$context['error_title'] = $txt['database_error'];
        if (allowedTo('admin_forum'))

Kindred

Smf version?
Mods installed?

What kind of server are you on?
What are the Permissions for the attachments and/or avatar directory?

You should consider upgrading to 2.0.9 and see if your issue continues are the clean upgrade.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bigmo66

Sorry folks, I did post in the wrong section as I am still using 1.2xx. 

Illori

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on April 05, 2015, 03:03:55 PM
Smf version?
Mods installed?

You should consider upgrading to 2.0.9 and see if your issue continues are the clean upgrade.

What is your URL?
Is this is?
tacomaguitarforum.com ?
If so, then it is at 1.1.20 and my suggestion of upgrading to 2.0.9 is correct.
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

There is no file Subs-Db-mysql.php in 1.1.x, it was only introduced in 2.0.

bigmo66

Quote from: Arantor on April 06, 2015, 08:30:32 AM
There is no file Subs-Db-mysql.php in 1.1.x, it was only introduced in 2.0.

That's odd as it surely is there and I am running 1.120.  I want to upgrade to the latest package, but my theme is so modded that I have been putting it off. Need to brush up on where I edit everything to get customization back. 7 years is a long time.

Here is a screen capture of what I am talking about as far as pics being posted. That little tiny square under the word not is how full size pics are appearing..

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on April 06, 2015, 08:12:46 AM
Quote from: Kindred on April 05, 2015, 03:03:55 PM
Smf version?
Mods installed?

What is your URL?
Is this is?
tacomaguitarforum.com ?
If so, then it is at 1.1.20 and my suggestion of upgrading to 2.0.9 is correct.
Слaва
Украинi

bigmo66

Here is another screencap.  That .php file is indeed there.

Kindred

in which case, that is **NOT** 1.1.x   postgre support was not avalable until 2.0

So... either you copied files from one version to another (which could explain all sorts of bugs) or something is very, very screwy on your system.

You have **STILL** failed to answer a single one of my questions above, despite me asking 3 times.

At this point - I am going to say -- your best and only option is to do a full, clean upgrade to 2.0.9
Слaва
Украинi

bigmo66

I don't see how I could have gotten files from a different version? The dates show nothing done for quite some time?

Sorry, at work popping in when I can. My attachments folder is 755. I have background, icons, smilie mods as well as simple portal. I also recently added tapatalk which shortly thereafter had weird issues. I changed the password for my database as well and had to use repair_settings to fix that.  I hear you loud & clear on needing to upgrade.

Kindred

I don't know HOW you did it... but those files do not belong in a 1.1.x installation.
Слaва
Украинi

bigmo66

Wonder what else doesn't belong in there? I did a backup, deleted that file and it made no difference I could tell with anything.

If I do a clean install of 2 I know I'll lose all my mods, etc.. but the rest of my 7 years will be there correct?

Illori

your data will still exist, your mods will need to be reinstalled and updated to work with 2.0.

Kindred

all CONTENT is stored in the database.

Therefore, upgrading will keep users, posts and anything else in the database.

mods will have to be re-installed with the versions that run under 2.0.x
your theme will have to be removed, updated and reinstalled since no 1.1.x theme will work properly on 2.0.x
Слaва
Украинi

bigmo66

Thanks, I need to just go for it. As long as my content is there and my admin sections stay restricted to said members, we should be OK. So what if it takes me a few days to spiffy it up.

Before SMF, I used one of them "ready-made" crap sites (Aimoo) and they did some upgrades and all forums became 100% public and open. It made for some mad owners and embarrassing situations as sometimes we do talk about stuff that is meant to be private among admins/mods.

Kindred

the permissions do not get removed or changed between 1.1.x to 2.0.x
Слaва
Украинi

bigmo66

Thanks for your help. I am reading about upgrading. There is some stuff I'd like to clean up. Trying to figure out if I should delete some things before I upgrade. I am on a 750mb hosting plan and am only using 156mb but some of it is junk I'm sure.

bigmo66

Quote from: Kindred on April 06, 2015, 08:12:46 AM

Considered, executed and done!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

bigmo66

Dog gone it!  Even after upgrading, I still have the attachment/pic problems. If a user tries to upload an avatar, we get "The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."  In the admin section for attachments, the path is blank. Not sure what this path would be? I have the folder itself as writable.

Illori

in the admin panel, go to server settings -> database and paths at the bottom of the page you will see SMF directory take this path and add /attachments and you get the path that should be to your attachments you then put this on the attachments settings page.

DO NOT change any paths on the server settings page.

bigmo66

Thank you, the avatar issue is resolved.  I am down to one known problem and that is the pics showing up as barely a pin prick.  You can click on the tiny dot and the full size pic will appear. Here is how small it is no matter what pic you post.

Illori

Kindred

What did you set the max width and max height of posted picture?

index.php?action=admin;area=featuresettings;sa=layout
Слaва
Украинi

bigmo66

Quote from: Illori on April 06, 2015, 07:21:09 PM
link to where this is happening?

Here is a link to a thread where a member posted pics. Nothing but a tiny spec that you can click and see the actual size. You will need to login as spammers are insane. username = testmo  password testtest    link http://www.tacomaguitarforum.com/index.php?topic=5315.0

I am not sure about the settings Kindred. I have looked and looked, but don't see anything amiss as far as my limited experience goes.  I have always been able to just use the  tags with no problems.

Illori

Quote from: bigmo66 on April 06, 2015, 07:57:06 PM
Here is a link to a thread where a member posted pics. Nothing but a tiny spec that you can click and see the actual size. You will need to login as spammers are insane. username = testmo  password testtest

i see no link.

bigmo66

Quote from: Illori on April 06, 2015, 08:00:28 PM
Quote from: bigmo66 on April 06, 2015, 07:57:06 PM
Here is a link to a thread where a member posted pics. Nothing but a tiny spec that you can click and see the actual size. You will need to login as spammers are insane. username = testmo  password testtest

i see no link.

fixed

Kindred

you can see what is happening if you quote that message

[img width=4 height=5]

which -- to me -- suggests that the min height and min width settings are set to 5 and/or 4...  instead of 500 and 400 as I would expect.

on that page that I linked for you, there are two fields, clearly labelled... what are the settings?
Слaва
Украинi

bigmo66

Quote from: Kindred on April 06, 2015, 07:37:48 PM
What did you set the max width and max height of posted picture?

index.php?action=admin;area=featuresettings;sa=layout

Duh, somehow it got set to 5. I used "0" to disable and all is well again.  I don't know how that happened, but I do have 2 Admins that may have been "practicing"

Thanks again for the help. I'm almost there once i get tapatalk working. I really like SMF and the people that are always willing to help.

Advertisement: