News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

I didn't know where to put this

Started by WeLikeTopGames, April 05, 2015, 05:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeLikeTopGames

How do you change the name of the subforum to subforum because right now it says child boards:

Night09

Go into Themes>Default>languages>index.english.php and search for a line saying:

$txt['parent_boards'] = 'Child Boards';

Change it to:

$txt['parent_boards'] = 'Subforum';

Put what you prefer in.

Kindred

although -- tehcnically - it is not a subforum...

forum = the whole site (SMF)
category = the grouping of boards
board = the grouping of message threads (child/grandchild/etc board would be a board within another board)
thread = the grouping of posts
post = the content in a single message by a user

Sub-forum - technically - would be a separate forum under the same installation (hence the "subforum" mod).

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NanoSector

Some people think of boards and fora the opposite way. Depends on your interpretation.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

live627

Doesn't help that naming isn't consistent across platforms.

Bigguy

Quote from: Kindred on April 05, 2015, 06:46:24 PM
although -- tehcnically - it is not a subforum...

forum = the whole site (SMF)
category = the grouping of boards
board = the grouping of message threads (child/grandchild/etc board would be a board within another board)
thread = the grouping of posts
post = the content in a single message by a user

Sub-forum - technically - would be a separate forum under the same installation (hence the "subforum" mod).

This is the way I have seen it for the last 10 or so years.

Illori

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Cross_references_for_other_software

although for 2.1 we need to update that page as child boards no longer exist by that name in 2.1.

Steve

Quote from: WeLikeTopGames on April 05, 2015, 05:41:52 PM
How do you change the name of the subforum to subforum because right now it says child boards:

I know this is marked solved but on the off chance you have notifications for this topic on and you want to do a little more than just rename the child board, you could use this:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1867
DO NOT pm me for support!

Night09

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: