News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Trying to install a theme...

Started by Tom.B, April 07, 2015, 12:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom.B

First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong forum/category. This forum looks massive and finding a specific thread/category for this particular question is very difficult, so thought I'd post it here. :)

Anyway, I am an administrator on 2 SMF forums, however you can probably tell that I'm not overly experienced! They're not major forums so we're not spending time creating our own themes for the time being, however I found out this morning how to install already made themes.

I downloaded a theme, "redsy", which automatically unzipped upon download. I realised that it needs to be a zipped file in order to upload to the forum, thus I selected the folder and clicked Compress "Redsy".

Baring in mind that I have no access to the database or servers where the forum is hosted, I went into the forum's administrator control panel, and uploaded the theme.

After then installing the theme...

...I selected to use it as the forum default and to reset everyone to it.

Finally, I completed the last step and clicked 'Save'. However, all is not well, as the forum seems to have not recognised the theme.

If anyone can offer any support, I would be most grateful! Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and to reply in advance.

Kind regards,
Tom.B

Illori

Tom.B

dstory

thanks, I had completely forgot about the need to turn that off.

samk2824

Advertisement: