News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2-0-9 Fresh Install in plaintext? No theme.

Started by qazwwx, April 10, 2015, 10:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qazwwx

Just installed smf 2-0-9 on my Windows 2008 R2 server with php 5.6.0.
On my server's localhost, it looks fine, but on any other PC (including mine, and several friends') everything is in text.

I tried using repair_settings.php, but to no avail.
Please help.
evilmelonrp(dot)com if you want to look.

Kindred

The bad display indicates that your css and other theme files are not getting loaded, which is usually caused by having the directories and  urls for the themes set incorrectly.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

qazwwx

Quote from: Kindred on April 10, 2015, 11:02:13 PM
The bad display indicates that your css and other theme files are not getting loaded, which is usually caused by having the directories and  urls for the themes set incorrectly.
Here's my settings, I'm not sure what could be wrong. I looked, and all these directories exist where they were specified.

Kindred

Well, there is your problem right there...   It works fine on localhost because you told it to use localhost...   But localhost won't work from any external access.   In order to use your site from an external connection, you need to have an actual mapped domain or at least a direct ip address
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

qazwwx

Quote from: Kindred on April 10, 2015, 11:23:32 PM
Well, there is your problem right there...   It works fine on localhost because you told it to use localhost...   But localhost won't work from any external access.   In order to use your site from an external connection, you need to have an actual mapped domain or at least a direct ip address
Thanks, at least I know now.

Advertisement: