News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Paid Subscriptions

Started by ctim, April 18, 2015, 02:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctim

Hi everyone!

I just set up a SMF a few days ago. I have been banging my head against the keyboard trying to figure out how to set up paypal paid subscriptions.

What I have done so far:
1. I pointed my IPN notification URL to the subscriptions.php on Paypal with notifications disabled. Although I've tried both enabled and disabled settings.
2. Created a subscription in SMF ($0.01 for a month, for testing purposes)
3. Made sure that my paypal email addresses are the same between SMF and paypal
4. Created a paypal subscribe button for $0.01 recurring payments with my paypal business account.  Slapped it on my site.

After I go through the purchase flow and make payment, I'm redirected to my site and... nothing happens. I am  How do I get payment flow to direct new buyers to a page that will allow them to create a username and password?

Anyone with experience on this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Illori

guests can not buy a paid sub before they have an account.

ctim

Thanks. So if I want a new user to be able to pay through paypal then register for the forum (in that order), I would have to do it manually?

Alternatively, how is paid subscriptions suppose to work for automatic subscription creation? That is, a user is registered but can somehow subscribe himself to a paid portion of the forum. Where on the forum can they elect to subscribe and pay?

Thanks again.

Kindred

yes, to the second part...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: ctim on April 18, 2015, 04:53:49 PM
Alternatively, how is paid subscriptions suppose to work for automatic subscription creation? That is, a user is registered but can somehow subscribe himself to a paid portion of the forum. Where on the forum can they elect to subscribe and pay?

in their profile.

Sir Osis of Liver

PayPal will not process a $0.01 payment.  Use $0.10 for test purposes, or use test mode if you can figure out.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: