News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Before I install SM...

Started by Raffe, April 18, 2015, 07:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffe

Hello :)

Before I install SM I have a couple of questions. I've installed phpBB but are not really satisfied with it. This is what I need:

I run a small musical production team together with a friend and we would like to use a forum to communicate to all the musicians we collaborate with. And we want the forum to notify per mail every time a new topic/reply is posted in the forum connected to the group they are added in. Can you do this with SM?

Here's the structure

Groups:
Production (2 persons)
Musicians (7 persons)

Forums:
Ideas <-- Access: Production
In production <-- Access: Production & Musicians

Every time somebody is posting a new topic, or a new reply to a topic, everybody in the group assigned to the forum must get a mail that says that there's a new topic/reply.

The user shall not have the possibility to unsubscribe to the forums/topics.

We are only 9 persons in this closed forum so there's no spam!

Kindred

yes and no...

no the system can and will not do that by default.
Notifications are only signed up by the user him/herself.

you CAN force notifications to be on by manipulating the database (or logging in as the user and turning them on in their place)

removing the ability to turn OFF notifications is not possible without code changes...  and is actually illegal in many locations.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Raffe

Advertisement: