How to get rid of forum name

Started by sukafia, April 18, 2015, 11:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sukafia

Hello, please I need help getting rid of forum name on my site as the logo already shows the site name. It just really sucks seeing the site name appearing, can someone guide me on how to get rid of it or kindly post link to a plugin that can get it done. Please see attachment for clarification. Thanks

Site - www.ibomforum.com

Kindred

Please do not ask the same question in multiple threads...

Also, your image is unclear.. That arrow could be pointing to either of the forum names
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Livaco

Try Removing The Forum Name All Together,

Kindred

Livaco
what are you talking about?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

suhaneankit

Just right click on name then inspect element then find tha CSS class name and add below one line code. It will hide the forum name.

display:none;
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

Illori

Quote from: suhaneankit on April 19, 2015, 05:20:27 AM
Just right click on name then inspect element then find tha CSS class name and add below one line code. It will hide the forum name.

display:none;

using css to hide an element is not always the answer. depending on the css in use you can hide a lot of stuff doing that.

Gary

It's better to remove the calls to the name from index.template.php entirely, which would be ' , $context['forum_name'] , '. In this case, there'd be two of them in close proximity to each other.

But to be safe, please attach index.template.php and I can make sure what needs to be removed and where.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Deaks

or better yet ask in the theme support topic, you have already asked a question their:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=535335.0
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: