News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Responsive Curve

Started by SMF Customization Team, April 20, 2015, 06:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uamsameter

Wandering is free. Certainty has a price.

Illori

if you really want to remove the icons try removing this from your responsive.css file

/* Load menu icons */
.responsive_menu {
background: url(../images/responsive_menu.png) no-repeat -5px -5px;
height: 16px;
width: 16px;
display: inline-block;
}
.responsive_menu.admin {
background-position: -31px -5px;
}
.responsive_menu.calendar {
background-position: -57px -5px;
}
.responsive_menu.forum {
background-position: -5px -31px;
}
.responsive_menu.help {
background-position: -31px -31px;
}
.responsive_menu.home {
background-position: -57px -31px;
}
.responsive_menu.login {
background-position: -5px -57px;
}
.responsive_menu.logout {
background-position: -31px -57px;
}
.responsive_menu.mlist {
background-position: -57px -57px;
}
.responsive_menu.moderate {
background-position: -83px -5px;
}
.responsive_menu.pm {
background-position: -83px -31px;
}
.responsive_menu.profile {
background-position: -83px -57px;
}
.responsive_menu.register {
background-position: -5px -83px;
}
.responsive_menu.search {
background-position: -31px -83px;
}

i did not test it but that should do the trick.

uamsameter

Thanks illori, I removed that part and I got half of what I want. The icons are gone! But right now, there's no menu appearing on small screen resolution devices. how do I make the default menu tabs appear??

Thanks again.

Illori

remove #main_menu .dropmenu span.firstlevel {
display: none;
}

uamsameter

Exactly what i needed! i applied only the second instruction. Thus, i retained the icons and still had the test written underneath it.

thanks Illori. You're the best man!

uamsameter

hi there,
I have tried to make modify some parts of the responsive.css to suit my forum "test members" by going to get the index.css modification using inspect function of google chrome.
However, I'm having difficulties executing a particular task.

I would like to hide the "last post/reply" column both in the forum index and in the board title pages for screen width lower than 1080px (samsing galaxy s5 width). This part is circled with red in my attached images.

I would appreciate help on codes to add or remove to achieve this tasks. thanks.

I must register that this mod is one of the best I have installed because 80% of my intended community members use mobile devices for their online interaction. I must also express my appreciation to you guys who helped me solve issues I had earlier. Thanks!!

uamsameter

shawnb61

I've been experimenting with a lot of the "responsive" SMF themes out there, and I think this is the best.   A few others come close (lots are prettier), but usually something or other "scrunches up" - usually the rows of buttons.   This mod has no "scrunching up" issues, where text & icons step all over each other.  Fewer fat-finger issues.  Not the prettiest, but the most functional.  I'm good with that. 

I'm not a fan of the icons, though...   Or the squished pix.  Thankfully solutions to those two concerns were provided earlier in this thread.  Thank you. 

I think my only outstanding nit - and it's a nit - is that I have a well-loved banner for my site that works great on a whole page.  But it does NOT work on a mobile phone with this mod.  We see about the left 1/5 of it. 

Could this theme support cutting over to smaller banner .jpgs as the width narrows?  (Or at least shrinking the large .jpg?)  I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction (sample code, where to change), I'll figure it out once I know where to start.   

Thanks,
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

I think I'm going to just put a smaller pic up there...    No need to answer my question above.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

uamsameter

Hi there... I had this problem but I got the solution in one thread.
You'd have to make a manual edit to index.template.php  (I think).

I'll make aquick search and come back with the link... It works perfectly.

uamsameter

found it! :D

check This Topic

now, you can have your "responsive" banner ;)

Regards!

shawnb61

Nedano

I have a problem in SMF mobile version (responsive curve).

My forum register page adress is: mydomain.com/register/index.php [nofollow]

But I'm using pretty URL's mods etc so it's removes index.php so that adress doesn't work and people can't register to my forum.

Register works only in adress: mydomain.com/register [nofollow]

So where can I change the register adress? I didn't find it anywhere. It works in computer version but not in mobile version (responsive curve).

Sorry for my english..

Kindred

that is not related to the theme at all.

and that is not actually an SMF URL.  the SMF register URL would be index.php?action=register not register/index.php

However. yes, pretty urls would change that to /register

but again.... not related to the theme at all
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dumke

Thanks a ton for this, I've heavily customized it, with my forum, but i think i've got a perfect mobile forum setup thanks to this mod for a base.

cultureco

Hello
Sorry but i can't solve my probleme.
In index.template I have :
echo '
<title>', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '</title>
   <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />';
In index.css I write :
div#wrapper
{
   margin: 0 auto;
   min-width: 320px;
   max-width: 2300px;
}

But my forum does not match on à mobile (5')

www.mybts.fr/forum2

Not mobile friendly for GG

landyvlad

I installed this & it shows in installed mods.

When I go to themes though it still just has core and curve,
Does this just mod the curve theme, but not rename it?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

br360

All it does is make the curve theme responsive when someone is using your site on their mobile device. You won't notice anything really when viewing your site on a computer.

This mod really only works on the default curve theme- if you want it to work on other themes you are using, you are going to have to manually edit in the code changes this mod makes to that custom theme's files.

landyvlad

That answers my question just fine,thanks.

F/U question - how can I change the button styles, colours used etc etc - OR does that have to be done by installing a different theme.  Ta.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

br360

Take a look at some of the responses in this topic as I think other members have asked similar questions (at least regarding the buttons)

This link may also help answer your questions as well- http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=538009.msg3823260#msg3823260

Advertisement: