News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum is very slow!

Started by Perickowsm, April 21, 2015, 12:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perickowsm

Hello guys im not sure if this goes here, recently our forum is performing very slow, once you click to any Thread it is very slow abot 40 seconds to display the thread posts.

Is there any issue?

What is the first step on trying to fix this issue.

BTW, im not sure if the issue is really with SMF!

if you need the page let me know, thanks

thank you.

Illori

can you provide the link to your forum so we can look into this further?

sounds like a server issue more then an issue with SMF.

Ricky.

Also make sure your internet connection has not gone bad.

Steve

Along with what Ricky said, you can go to any one of several speed test sites (like speedtest.net) and it will check your upload/download speeds.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

i would think by the time someone is posting here about a slow site, many members on their forum are also reporting the same thing. so it is not their connection.

Perickowsm

Hi to all,

my internet connection is good, and yes the forum users are reporting the same issue.

link is westsidemx . com i used spaces beause im not allowed to share external links here :P

Thanks to all for the help and time :)

Illori

your host is godaddy? if so that is your problem, they are an oversold host. only solution is to find a non-oversold host to use.

Perickowsm

Yes it is, so you recommend to check it on their side?

Illori

no, i recommend you find a new host. godaddy will be less then helpful in solving the issue.

Perickowsm

Got it, thank you very much.

Steve

Quote from: Illori on April 21, 2015, 08:38:38 AMso it is not their connection.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion when there was no mention of other members complaining about the forum being slow up to the point where you posted. It was likely but hardly certain until the next post.

Quote from: Illori on April 21, 2015, 10:58:20 AMno, i recommend you find a new host. godaddy will be less then helpful in solving the issue.

While I agree with this, prior experience has taught me that when you have a problem with your host, squawking loud enough and long enough will get you results. I'm no fan of GoDaddy and would never use them but I certainly would recommend contacting them about the issue, repeatedly if necessary.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

Quote from: Steve on April 21, 2015, 12:46:25 PM
While I agree with this, prior experience has taught me that when you have a problem with your host, squawking loud enough and long enough will get you results. I'm no fan of GoDaddy and would never use them but I certainly would recommend contacting them about the issue, repeatedly if necessary.
you complain to godaddy, the best they will tell you is the issue is not theirs, or they may offer you a higher priced VPS or dedicated server for your forum which you dont need.

Perickowsm

well, thank you guys for the suggestions i will do everything on my hands i need to fix it so i will try to move all the pieces i need to move :P

Regards

Code Wrangler

I have had a couple of forums on Go Daddy and dumped them after 3 months.  Go Daddy is not a good choice for web hosting, unless you just have a few static pages that comprise your website. 

ApplianceJunk

This site is kind of cool for checking website speed.

https://www.pingdom.com/

Perickowsm

well, as all of you mentioned, Godadddy suggest me to post a picture of some of my errors in here.

haha, do you have any ideas why this happens?? it's just sometimes

also in the forum, everytime i click on a thread takes a long time to open.

attached is an image.

Kindred

It happens because go daddy shared hosting is a piece of junk
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: