News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Hacking Attempt... when Posting / Saving after url change

Started by 420Connect.co.uk, April 21, 2015, 09:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

420Connect.co.uk

Hey all,

I own matching .info and .co.uk domain names, and had originally set up my forum with .info as it's 'base' url..
using the .co.uk to redirect to the .info ..but wanted to switch them so the .co.uk was my 'base' url..

My host informed me that my hosting package supported multiple domains and have since set up my .co.uk by copying the files from my .info into my new directory and updated my Setting.php & Setting_bak.php with my new url, ran repair_setting.php to fix some paths and manually changed the remaining paths for my avatar/attachments that i could see..

Everything appears to have been successful until you try to post / save something, when you are greeted with the "Hacking Attempt..." message  :-[

Has anyone any guesses as to what could be the cause?

:-\
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Kindred

you probably did not update all of the urls....   or maybe you have an htaccess or other forwarder?

However, you usually only get the hacking attempt message when you try to access a file directly instead of through index.php -- so perhaps one of your hacks or mods is not configured correctly

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

420Connect.co.uk

Thanks for the reply Kindred,

On further testing I discovered my "Say Thanks" mod wasn't working so thought it might have something to do with it..

.. uninstalled it and now i'm stuck with a white screen with "theme_template_error" displayed! :'(

I've just parsed the say thanks mod to check it was all removed and couldn't find any traces but the error still appears  :'(  :'(

www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Steve

Can you manually reinstall it to get back to the original problem (or see if the original problem changes)?
DO NOT pm me for support!

420Connect.co.uk

I had tried that before but that didn't seem to help either but with a suggestion of margaretts; I've managed to bring the forum back to life after deleting the remaining files from the say thanks mod and running the remove_settings.php file from it..

unfortunately, I'm now back to the first problem of the "Hacking Attempt..." message when posting.. :(

Night09

using co.uk your server doesnt even load just page not found. info shows a parked page.

420Connect.co.uk

Night09

Kindred

do note...  you can not run the same forum on two different domains (without a mod).
One of those domains MUST "forward" the user to the primary domain (best done using htaccess 301 redirect)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

420Connect.co.uk

Ahh... that might just be it Kindred!

I've currently got both my .co.uk & .info's files pointing towards one database..

W/Could this cause the "Hacking attempt..." messages when posting from the .co.uk domain?

I fear changing where my domains are currently pointed will have all url's leading to the .co.uk (which currently won't let you post, but the .info does)..

Maybe this mod you spoke of would help?

Update:

I tried copying my database, then pointing my .co.uk to the new database but still face the same issues..

margarett

Your error logs speaks for you ;)

Hacking attempt...

SELECT date FROM smf_log_activity
WHERE date = '2015-04-20'
( SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM smf_log_online
WHERE ID_MEMBER = yyyyy);

Function: Badges_CheckMember
File: /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Sources/badgeawards2.php
Line: 1372

And this is the code that we fixed in your other topic:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=535729.0

;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

420Connect.co.uk

Ahh!

I possibly made the new site and only fixed the coding on one of them?

I'm not sure but fixing that code to how it should have been brought everything back to life!  ;D

O:) Bruno to the rescue again!

Also, I've ginally got my ".co.uk" properly set up with my ".me" and ".info" going towards it now :D

Yey! :)

*Takes great pleasure in marking this one solved*

Advertisement: