News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Edit index.php?action=forum

Started by DionK, April 22, 2015, 12:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DionK

Hi there,

Is there any way to change the url from "index.php?action=forum" to something like "index.php?action=home", and if so, how?

Cheers.

JBlaze

Assuming you're using a portal mod, and as such you would get better support on its respective support topic/support site.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

DionK

You're totally right, my mistake. I've been using SimplePortal for so long I often think it's a vanilla feature.. Thanks.

Kindred

Additionally... with a portal mod, action=home would not be correct, since the homepage is the portal index and is no longer the boardindex of the forum
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JBlaze

Quote from: Kindred on April 22, 2015, 12:22:05 PM
Additionally... with a portal mod, action=home would not be correct, since the homepage is the portal index and is no longer the boardindex of the forum

It's his site. Let him do what he wants.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

DionK

Quote from: Kindred on April 22, 2015, 12:22:05 PM

You're right, I realised that after I made the post. I meant to say "index.php?action=boards" instead of home, which like you pointed out, would make a lot more sense.

Kindred

zilladotexe,

It is not our responsibility to just hand over everything...

part of our responsibility is to question the WHY someone is trying to do something.
Perhaps they have misunderstood something, or have misinterpreted the 'best" way to do something.

DionK...   with that explanation in mind...

in Subs.php - in the menu array, search for "forums" and replace the instances of it with "boards"
you will probably have to also change the text string in the language file(s)

However....    do realize that -- in SMF terminology:

forum= site
category = collection of boards
board = a collection of threads and child-boards
thread (or topic) = a collection of posts
post = the individual messages posted by users
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on April 22, 2015, 12:47:14 PM
in Subs.php - in the menu array, search for "forums" and replace the instances of it with "boards"

that does not fix the action in index.php that tells SMF to go to the forum action.

DionK

Kindred, I have tried this to no avail. It still seems to be directing me to action=forum
Never mind, I must have missed something, it works fine now, thanks!

Advertisement: